DVDVR Message Board

Which Puro Wrestler's do you loathe

Noah Mark

15 hours ago, jaedmc said:

But Tiger Mask IV gave me a lot of sad faces.

I think my biggest problem with Tiger Mask IV was his push.  He is just boring and uninteresting in a division we were used to having, exciting and charismatic.  You can't be the ace of the NJPW Jr. division after the glory days of Liger, Ohtani, El Samurai(also kind of boring), and Koji Kanemoto and be a total blank slate of charisma.  I honestly think when Tiger Mask IV became the Jr. Ace is when the golden age of NJPW Jr. wrestling was officially over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

I think my biggest problem with Tiger Mask IV was his push.  He is just boring and uninteresting in a division we were used to having, exciting and charismatic.  You can't be the ace of the NJPW Jr. division after the glory days of Liger, Ohtani, El Samurai(also kind of boring), and Koji Kanemoto and be a total blank slate of charisma.  I honestly think when Tiger Mask IV became the Jr. Ace is when the golden age of NJPW Jr. wrestling was officially over.

That's certainly part of it. It felt like the guys they knew had personality and skill they wanted to get over as themselves, and so they took the blandest dude and gave him a gimmick that would make some merch money based on the previous iterations - as long as they kept him near the top. Brutal

And heaven help me if he was in an undercard six-man with guys I liked.   

5 hours ago, Execproducer said:

Is this a males only conversation? Because clearly the correct answer is Yoshiko.

Do you hate her as a wrestler or for the Act incident? Strictly speaking I'm pretty sure this for in ring work.