DVDVR Message Board

Shine On - Musicians RIP Thread

Dolfan in NYC

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JLSigman said:

Ennio Morricone has died at the age of 91. Creator of a zillion soundtracks for amazing movies that sometimes were more than just "spaghetti westerns". 

Damn, what a legend.

He's most famous for his western scores, but his score for John Carpenter's The Thing (1982) is haunting and certainly one of my favorites.

R.I.P.

Morricone is in that rarefied air of artists where someone unfamiliar with him or any individual movie he scored would still be familiar with references to his work through cultural osmosis. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, JLSigman said:

Ennio Morricone has died at the age of 91. Creator of a zillion soundtracks for amazing movies that sometimes were more than just "spaghetti westerns". 

I rarely go to this section of the board but had to here. I bought the special edition DVD of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) at work yesterday. I got home and Dad told me that Ennio Morricone had died. I set my DVD player up for the Ecstasy of Gold and final duel to hear that music again. What work he did in the Dollars Trilogy especially. R.I.P. Ennio Morricone and thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...