Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

20181211_SD_P_CharlotteAsuka3--788d13117

Imagine Becky/Charlotte/Asuka turning into this:

Spoiler

ZkqPo4a.gif

?

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

You may not like Charlotte Flair getting booked strongly but she takes willing beatings. See: vs. Sasha Banks in the No DQ, Falls Count Anywhere RAW in November 2016 and versus Becky Lynch at Evolution 2018.

Agreed. Booking aside, she's proven she can go and put on quality performances aside from those brutal beatings she's gotten.

I will say it. Charlotte is the best worker in the roster. She has great matches with pretty much everybody. The matches are all uniquely great, too. She is an athletic marvel. She takes an insane beating and sells really well. She is dripping with charisma and is also pretty solid on the mic.

I love Becky. She had a great foil to overcome in Charlotte. People shat on that feud before it had time to play out. Becky won in a classic. And Becky had to continue to spit fire and throw heat to get over and stay over. That doesn’t work against The IIconics or Naomi. Becky became a potential Wrestlemania closer because she had to overcome Charlotte.

And now they are getting Asuka over like a monster, too. 

But I still think Charlotte is a better worker than everyone else in the women’s division. Becky hasn’t had the amount of matches Charlotte has had. A lot of that is because of timing. A lot is because Charlotte has had more opportunities. But she deserves those opportunities and is making people up their game to grab them.

• Like 6

Bryan/Ali was fantastic but I was going to throw a brick through my TV if they missed the finish with those 19 commercials during the homestretch. Yeesh.

Did anyone else think that was ACH getting fed to Shane for a moment?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

I will say it. Charlotte is the best worker in the roster. She has great matches with pretty much everybody. The matches are all uniquely great, too. She is an athletic marvel. She takes an insane beating and sells really well. She is dripping with charisma and is also pretty solid on the mic.

I love Becky. She had a great foil to overcome in Charlotte. People shat on that feud before it had time to play out. Becky won in a classic. And Becky had to continue to spit fire and throw heat to get over and stay over. That doesn’t work against The IIconics or Naomi. Becky became a potential Wrestlemania closer because she had to overcome Charlotte.

But I still think Charlotte is a better worker than everyone else in the women’s division. Becky hasn’t had the amount of matches Charlotte has had. A lot of that is because of timing. A lot is because Charlotte has had more opportunities. But she deserves those opportunities and is making people up their game to grab them.

See, I feel like Charlotte has regressed from where she was on RAW a couple years back. Becky, AJ, D-Bry, Mustafa Ali, Benjamin (who is still a fantastic worker) and Chad Gable are all better, IMO. But she’s still really, really good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I wonder if some of you could manage to enjoy SmackDown if you couldn’t bring up that Raw is such obvious garbage. 

I was definitely guilty of that regardless of if I posted about it or not.  It's hard for some not to as it's baffling how one show sucks ass while the other is normally really good.  It's almost like they're separate companies.  But I'm going to try and not do that going forward.

When the opening video announcing Bryan/Ali aired my tired ass woke up and I was like a kid on Christmas.  Holy crap was that a great match and I'm glad Ali's getting those opportunities as he's such a great guy.  And if the story about them meeting in 2009 is true then that's a nice full circle type thing.  I'm going to ignore the Miz stuff as if it's heading towards a face turn it's weird as hell and doesn't make sense.  While the middle of the show was fine it capped off quite nicely with Asuka/Charlotte.  I loved the submission-heavy action in the match and it felt different from the normal WWE-style match.  While I would have preferred Asuka winning the end did setup Sunday well.  Really looking forward to seeing how that plays out.

• Like 2

My favorite wrestlers have always been the ones who make me believe in their character then accurately represent that character in the ring. That's why Flair has always been my favorite along with guys like Savage and many others. I even love me some ole Hacksaw Jim Duggan. A big old country goofball that would give you the shirt off his back but sometimes was a little dumb in the ring. 

You know who the opposite of that is? Shane O'Mac. I think he's supposed to be legitimate MMA shooter guy, but to me he comes off as middle-aged yarder who has had about one week of actual real pro wrestling training. I think he really might be the worst "wrestler" on the roster. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Well said, and I agree that that's the thing with her best matches, they all feel genuinely distinct from each other. and have a lot of great storytelling in addition to the physicality and athleticism  As for her importance as foil to Becky's rise, its partly due to the injury she suffered, but a little-remarked fact is that since Summerslam, Becky has spent a total of 8 1/2 minutes on TV or PPV in-ring with anyone besides Charlotte.

• Like 1