DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 12/11/2018 - Move Aside, And Let The Man Go Thru

Dolfan in NYC

First, I love the thread title. I loved "Super Bon Bon" as Doring & Roadkill's theme in ECW. 

The show started great and ended great, although Mustafa Ali holding his own with Bryan shows there's no real need for the cruiserweight division. It gives the perception that these guys are somehow beneath Bryan, AJ, Balor, and Rollins. Graves comment about Ali possibly advancing out of the CW division doesn't help that stigma at all.

I mostly tuned out for the the stuff with Shane, Miz, and Orton. No interest in that at all.

The Bar, especially Claudio, looked awesome dressed as mid 80s RUN-DMC/LL Cool J.

If you take away some time from all the nonsense in the middle, Rusev/Hardy vs. Joe/Nakamura could have gotten more time.

I'm really looking forward to Becky/Asuka/Charlotte. I wasn't thrilled with the DQ ending, but it protects everybody going into Sunday.

• Like 2

Bryan/Ali was so good and probably had the best reactions Ali has gotten.

Charlotte/Asuka was great, and I loved the ending and post match stuff.

2 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Awesome episode. Asuka rules. I can't remember the last time they had three over babyfaces in a PPV main event but I think it's happening this Sunday.

?

The SDL >>>>> Raw argument IS pointless. They're two different shows with two different rosters. Both has their strengths and weaknesses. 

If anything, comparing the two diminishes SDL. It can stand on its own as a good show. Comparisons aren't needed, especially when they're done only to mock the other show and its talent. Use that energy to focus on what you enjoy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bryan/Ali was very good and a great match in Asuka/Charlotte Flair. I thought it was much better than the WrestleMania XXXIV match. Granted I'm not as high on that with Charlotte Flair ending Asuka's undefeated streak, Asuka tapping out and the post match interrupted by John Cena finding out the Undertaker was in the building.

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I gotta admit, they really turned it around with Asuka. Especially after they drove her off a cliff just so they could recreate the shitty Alex Bliss formula with Carmella.

Asuka has that ability to stay over despite shit booking. Becky Lynch was the same before she took the ball and ran with it. Finn Balor is still popular as well.

Nice username BTW.