DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2018 - WEEK FIFTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

Sad to see the passing of Bill Fralic earlier in the week.  I think it was the Thanksgiving games they did a special on his fight with cancer.   Great player for the Falcons and PITT.   Plus a huge wrestling fan and participated in the Wrestlemania 2 battle royal and I thought the Yokozuna body slam challenge

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So maybe it was the OC’s fault in Minnesota 

You know, the more this season rolls on, the more it looks like Frank Reich is the guy who deserved the credit in Philly last year.

I was waiting for jaedmc to chime in, but since he hasn't.

Even Lord Aaron Rodgers himself must bend the knee to the Kings of the North!

Rodgers apparently hurt his groin at the end of the first half. Truth be told, with their season over, Green Bay ought to just sit him (regardless of what he wants and expects) and start Kizer for the last two games. There are worse things than getting swept by the Lions (although admittedly, not very many).

14 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

There's just something NQR about Jared Goff.

Has that same constant blank wide eyed stare that Michael Cera has. Unnerving.

He was on an episode of Ballers and was very...John Cena like in how robotic and unnatural he is. Like he has negative charisma.

Also, yes, the Bears ate the Rams souls.

This is fantasy related, but it was nice to see that I wasn't alone in having my team just take a dump on me in the semi-finals. I saw that a lot where individual performances for reliable players just fell off a cliff while others you wouldn't even think of wound up over-performing. Adam Thielen was basically non-existent after dominating this season. Saquon Barkley too.

Finally, it was nice to see that Chris Carson's leg didn't fall off this year. All I would hear from multiple places was that coming off a knee injury and with the way he runs and pounds the ball and cuts is that he knee wouldn't hold up. He wasn't the most consistent RB this year, but he was exciting when he was on.

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This is exactly how we got Darth Vader. 

If Juju starts tweeting about how much he hates Primanti Bros because it's hard and coarse.... 

Poor naïve Juju.  All praise from Belichick for opposing players and coaches is code for "I hope you die in a dumpster fire before we play you again."

We'll see how Belichick reacts should the Steelers pull of Miracle #3 for the season and beat the Pats in the playoffs if they meet there.

They have to get through the fucking Saints before that happens, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

He was on an episode of Ballers and was very...John Cena like in how robotic and unnatural he is. Like he has negative charisma.

Also, yes, the Bears ate the Rams souls.

This is fantasy related, but it was nice to see that I wasn't alone in having my team just take a dump on me in the semi-finals. I saw that a lot where individual performances for reliable players just fell off a cliff while others you wouldn't even think of wound up over-performing. Adam Thielen was basically non-existent after dominating this season. Saquon Barkley too.

Finally, it was nice to see that Chris Carson's leg didn't fall off this year. All I would hear from multiple places was that coming off a knee injury and with the way he runs and pounds the ball and cuts is that he knee wouldn't hold up. He wasn't the most consistent RB this year, but he was exciting when he was on.

Ugh. I've been putting up 150 scores for weeks. According to Michael Fabiano, I had the best QB in Goff, the best running back in Lindsay, the best tight end option in Ebron, and I should definitely start Jarvis Landry. Score of 48 with McCaffrey needing to score 23 to advance to my final. Fuck this.