DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is The Tyranny of Evil Men - 12/10/2018

Niners Fan in CT

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I would think say they should probably apply this policy to Jim Neidhart too but it's wrestling and Nattie was probably begging them to do this angle

I seriously doubt Jim Neidhart would have minded. Its not like with Eddy Guerrero, where Eddy was on the record being uncomfortable with this sort of thing. It sucks they could not have given him some attention when he was alive. 

Did they mention Dynamite Kid passing?

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Also... So the AoP lost the belts. So does this mean it’s over for them as a top team? How many failed monster tag teams they developed in NXT, and Vince fucked up is that now for Hunter?

The treatment of the Revival  on main roster frustrates me more than any other NXT callup. Unfortunate timing with Dash' Wilder's broken jaw and Scott Dawson tearing his bicep.

35 minutes ago, The Natural said:

The treatment of the Revival  on main roster frustrates me more than any other NXT callup. Unfortunate timing with Dash' Wilder's broken jaw and Scott Dawson tearing his bicep.

It looks like from what I read from these results that they might be reheating them up, but it reads kind of like its directionless.

Edit: OMG looking at the YouTube clips it looks like the entire top section of the arena was empty. 

Man there was plenty of room in that arena to have Sting sitting alone watching in isolation with all those empty seats.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I stopped watching this show, and I don’t subscribe to the Network anymore. Reading about their attempts to lure the viewers back has been the most entertained I’ve been in years without being tortured for 3 hours on a Monday night. 

Peeing, giving away big matches on free tv, saying “This show sucks”... Now all we need is for a McMahon to show up to signal a “change... YEAAAAAAH” only for it to lead to the same lame wannabe variety show that RAW has always been.

Also... So the AoP lost the belts. So does this mean it’s over for them as a top team? How many failed monster tag teams they developed in NXT, and Vince fucked up is that now for Hunter?

You know they're desperate if they announce Guest Host Era 2.0.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIShane said:

You know they're desperate if they announce Guest Host Era 2.0.

If you're gonna redo the guest host era, you go all out and do it right.

Guest hosts: 

Jerry Seinfeld

Larry David

Norm MacDonald

Frank Stallone

Max Headroom

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark

Gilbert Gottfried

Rhonda Shear

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If you're gonna do the guest host era, you go all out and do it right.

Guest hosts: 

Larry David

Bella Twins: [dressed identically, flowers in their hair] Wow, its co-creator of Seinfeld and star of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Larry David!
Larry: Uh, hello!
Bella Twins: [cosying up] How are you doing, Mr. David?
Larry: Pretty good, pretty pretty good...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RIShane said:

Bella Twins: [dressed identically, flowers in their hair] Wow, its co-creator of Seinfeld and star of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Larry David!
Larry: Uh, hello!
Bella Twins: [cosying up] How are you doing, Mr. David?
Larry: Pretty good, pretty pretty good...

*Meets Heath Slater, and does his trademark stare down*

Vince: Alright, creative doesn’t have anything else for you, Pal!

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So there are at least 2 fans of Seth's. 

I think, for that certain class of WWE Universe member who has that 'Indie Wrestling = good, mainstream wrestling = bad' mindset but never actually watches anything that's not WWE produced, Seth Rollins is what they think a good wrestler is supposed to be like.

• Like 1

This whole Corbin made the show suck angle only works if the show gets better right?

What if it doesn’t get better??? Save us Triple H-esus!

My favourite thing was the air Rockstar Spud got on that toss! Yikes!

Also nice touch for Bobby Roode picking up the tag belts given his Tag title pedigree in TNA

I’m quite certain this is just a roadblock for AOP. They will steamroll Gable & Roode shortly.

as for the Revival; I guess I’m in the minority, but I don’t see it. Too short guys talking about pure tag team wrestling doesn’t do it for me. I get why Vince doesn’t see anything in them. 

And if we’re entering the epoch of “Seth Rollins: face of the company,” i might be done. Good worker, zero personality. Woof. They’ve got Ambrose right there, who, for his flaws, is immensely more likeable and head and shoulders a better promo than Rollins. I’ll never understand their hesitance with him.

Remember when you had to take the Authors of fucking Pain to hell and back to even try to beat them, like the Revival and DIY did? The Revival and DIY had to set aside their hatred to fuck up these two giants and that didn't even get the job done.

It took the craziest and maybe most brutal people on the roster at the time, Sanity, to take down the Authors.

So when they keep losing like they do, I think to stuff like that, and I say fuck this dumb ass show.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, just drew said:

And if we’re entering the epoch of “Seth Rollins: face of the company,” i might be done. Good worker, zero personality. Woof. They’ve got Ambrose right there, who, for his flaws, is immensely more likeable and head and shoulders a better promo than Rollins. I’ll never understand their hesitance with him.

I haven't seen anything from Ambrose that suggests he's interested in the top spot. He seems content on being a borderline main eventer who make $2-3 million/year and rides mountain bikes in his spare time. 

Rollins' issue, IMO, is he wants the position too much. He's the overeager student who runs for school president and doesn't understand why the football captain is more popular. He's some variation of Tracy Flick.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I haven't seen anything from Ambrose that suggests he's interested in the top spot. He seems content on being a borderline main eventer who make $2-3 million/year and rides mountain bikes in his spare time. 

Rollins' issue, IMO, is he wants the position too much. He's the overeager student who runs for school president and doesn't understand why the football captain is more popular. He's some variation of Tracy Flick.

That’s an interesting thought regarding Ambrose. Dude has a good life compared to where he was pre-WWE. Right now, being a top guy on raw seems to be a bit cursed. He may not be the type that’s internally motivated that way. 

That point about Rollins is spot on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Election is a very underrated movie.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Damn just read through this thread...   Now I feel like Kramer when he told Elaine she could run the catalog.  

Since Corbin is now the on-screen face of WWE creative and all its faults, there's no way he would come up with anything as good as the Urban Sombrero.

• Like 1