DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is The Tyranny of Evil Men - 12/10/2018

Niners Fan in CT

Well, the one thing that they established tonight is when the cleansing fire that  will be TLC happens, Baron Corbin's going to be the fall man for everything that's happened for the last 2 months.   

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.  

Also, STOP BRINGING UP ROMAN'S LEUKEMIA ffs.  

• Like 2

They should just rename Corbin as ‘The Writers’ and then wrestlers can talk about how “The Writers are ruining this show.”  Another week he can be “Monday Night Football” (“Everything would be better if it wasn’t for Monday Night Football!”) and eventually just “Millenials”. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

My only comment is that Nattie's promo was really good and believable and Ruby's response was great in it's old-school(albeit, cheapish) heat. Really looking forward to that match, as crazy as it sounds.

• Like 3

Last week I said I was done. This week I kept flipping between Raw and MNF. The booking on Raw was fucking garbage. Just utter trash. You have Rollins come out to basically say no one likes this piece of shit show because they aren't watching (so you fans here live are all dumb for coming too) and part of that is Baron.

Their answer? A fucking TLC match with ZERO BUILD between Corbin and Rollins. This board may hate Rollins, but he's one of the best things they have going and they booked him in a pointless, dangerous match for what? To get pop a rating? The third hour always dies. This company doesn't fucking get it.

And yet, I bet I'll watch SDL tomorrow and I'll be pretty happy with everything there. I don't understand how one show can be just beyond fucking reproach with how bad it is and how the other is decently good week to week.

• Like 6

I thought they were gonna do sort of a 'shake things up again' kind of show for a moment there.. starting  out with a 'this show sucks' shoot, booking a TLC match and throwing out a title change. Then everything slowed down and the replays of everything were reaching insane levels.

28 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

I thought they were gonna do sort of a 'shake things up again' kind of show for a moment there.. starting  out with a 'this show sucks' shoot, booking a TLC match and throwing out a title change. Then everything slowed down and the replays of everything were reaching insane levels.

If there was ever a time for Bray Wyatt to return, it would have been a minute before the end of the match.

But isn't this like the third time in history they've done a TLC match with no build up on RAW? I seem to remember Lawler vs. Miz being booked that night and Flair vs. Edge a few years earlier as well. I mean if you wanna do a desperation match, at least announce it ahead of time.

• Like 1

Corbin representing the writers from the last two weeks was surprising.

The Nattie/Ruby promo was good and has me actually interested in their match.

Roode and Gable winning the tag belts here felt kind of random.

Nia's promo on Rousey was decent if a bit long. Ember/Tamina was better than expected.

Corbin/Seth was actually kind of good.

Honestly, I didn't think this was a bad show.

Remember that time on Nitro when Scott Steiner cut a more or less shoot promo about how nobody was watching and WCW sucks? 

I'm not sure scripting Seth, the worst promo in the company, to do a cover version is a good idea. But, on the other hand, I've never believed one of his promos more than tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Remember that time on Nitro when Scott Steiner cut a more or less shoot promo about how nobody was watching and WCW sucks? 

I'm not sure scripting Seth, the worst promo in the company, to do a cover version is a good idea. But, on the other hand, I've never believed one of his promos more than tonight.

:lol:

3 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

If there was ever a time for Bray Wyatt to return, it would have been a minute before the end of the match.

But isn't this like the third time in history they've done a TLC match with no build up on RAW? I seem to remember Lawler vs. Miz being booked that night and Flair vs. Edge a few years earlier as well. I mean if you wanna do a desperation match, at least announce it ahead of time.

Flair and Edge was built up for weeks. It might have been made a ladder match the night of.

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Their answer? A fucking TLC match with ZERO BUILD between Corbin and Rollins. This board may hate Rollins, but he's one of the best things they have going and they booked him in a pointless, dangerous match for what? To get pop a rating? The third hour always dies. This company doesn't fucking get it.

Not to defend a shit show like this. But putting their most over act in a ladder match was them doing a desperation ploy for ratings. It seems they are aware there is a problem. Which means they are seemingly trying to fix things, so they need to get eyeballs on the show. But my guess is WWE thinks admitting there is a problem is all they need to do. So either Corbin regenerates or Steph replaces him. 

14 minutes ago, Casey said:

And that's coming from someone who holds Bobby Roode in high regard, like he's anything but a catchy theme song and cool entrance.

He has been considered a good wrestler at worst for 13 years now. Anyone who has worked with him always have glowing things to say. 

I like Rollins and think he is a great face champion. But he is a terrible promo and does not play to his strengths. 

• Like 1

I stopped watching this show, and I don’t subscribe to the Network anymore. Reading about their attempts to lure the viewers back has been the most entertained I’ve been in years without being tortured for 3 hours on a Monday night. 

Peeing, giving away big matches on free tv, saying “This show sucks”... Now all we need is for a McMahon to show up to signal a “change... YEAAAAAAH” only for it to lead to the same lame wannabe variety show that RAW has always been.

Also... So the AoP lost the belts. So does this mean it’s over for them as a top team? How many failed monster tag teams they developed in NXT, and Vince fucked up is that now for Hunter?

They have ruined every team they have called up. Right now the most successful NXT team has been American Alpha. Who they broke up really fast. 

Unless Vince retires or is incapacitated, I don't think things ever get better. Even then Stephanie (who definitely has no say at all now) will start trying to write. The guest host era and the ugly belts being her babies, does not give a hopeful outlook. 

9 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, STOP BRINGING UP ROMAN'S LEUKEMIA ffs.  

I would think say they should probably apply this policy to Jim Neidhart too but it's wrestling and Nattie was probably begging them to do this angle

• Like 1