DVDVR Message Board

2019 WOMEN'S WORLD CUP

RIPPA

27 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I honestly expected Spain to tie it up in stoppage time with the way they picked up the pace there.  Was a fun match though I'll need to see the fixtures to see how confident I am in them getting another Cup win.

This next game against France is one many are calling the de facto championship game despite it being a quarterfinal. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chaos said:

This next game against France is one many are calling the de facto championship game despite it being a quarterfinal. 

As it should be.  From what I saw yesterday unless France gets their stuff together US may have an easier time with them than expected.

Japan are really interesting to watch. Looked underwhelming for a lot of the Match so far, but then they got going and looked really good for the last ten or so minutes.

They looked the same four years ago, when they somehow made it to the finals without really looking constantly impressive at any moment, especially during the knockout stages. 

Edit: If any of you ever want your Team to play good football, make me analyze them in a negative fashion. Looks like Japan has gas left in the tank. 

Edit 2: I am the living jinx in this sport. 

Edited by ReiseReise

16 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

Edit: If any of you ever want your Team to play good football, make me analyze them in a negative fashion. Looks like Japan has gas left in the tank.

Does that work for baseball?  The Orioles are pretty shitty and anything to help them reverse course would be welcome at this point.

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Does that work for baseball?  The Orioles are pretty shitty and anything to help them reverse course would be welcome at this point.

Maybe. I don't really know much about Baseball. Well, neither about futbol, apparently. I should give it a shot... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Rapinoe is playing like she desperately wants to say no to the President's invite to the White House 

Depending on who the nominees are - I might be writing her name in

• Like 1

All in all a well deserved win for the US. French were waking up in the second half, but it was too little too late.

USA was more mature and tactically more sound. I really didn't like France trying desperately to win a penalty right after the goal. Henri and LeSomer paled in comparison to Rapinoe as veterans leading the team. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh yeah, bring it on Brexiteers.

He does not speak for us. He doesn't speak for anyone. He doesn't even speak for himself. He speaks solely for publicity. Ignore him.

15 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Doesn't this mean Germany doesn't make the Olympics either? That sucks.

Correct the three teams that made it for Europe are Great Britain, Netherlands and Sweden

Only 12 teams total make it for the Olympics

Nah, they're not happy about it, they won't actively push their players into doing it, but they're not going to stop it.

Now that I think about it, I feel worse about France not making the Olympics then Germany. Germany at least lost to another European team, even if it was an upset. France had a good tournament but was just at the wrong spot in the draw sheet.