DVDVR Message Board

UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega (12/8/2018) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Scotiabank Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Holy shit, that was a fucking beating. There's no way Ortega could see ANYTHING coming in during the last half of that round. Best call ever stopping it there.

That was a right beating. Good call stopping it. Refreshing.

Fantastic show. Ortega's resilience that has pulled him through so many fights may have really hurt his long-term health tonight because he took an all-time beating. 

Time for Holloway to go up to lightweight again because there's nothing left for him to do at 145.

I like how Holloway kept his composure after Ortega started to have sudden bursts of offenses. He could have easily panicked, but he just kept on plugging away. I also like how he was stepping around and turning Ortega after every combo he landed. Pretty easy to land straight right hands in succession when your opponent's chin is still there and he can't counter immediately.

13 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Fantastic show. Ortega's resilience that has pulled him through so many fights may have really hurt his long-term health tonight because he took an all-time beating. 

Time for Holloway to go up to lightweight again because there's nothing left for him to do at 145.

I wonder if they do Holloway vs. Edgar finally. I mean I could see that headlining an ESPN show. If Holloway can do to Edgar what many suspect he would do, that could be a star making performance in front of a sizable TV audience.

Man that card was one of the most violent face punchiest cards I've seen in a while. Disappointed Joanna lost, but Max Holloway made up for it with an incredible display. Masterful stuff.  

• Like 1

Jimi Manuwa was probably saying to himself "Well, I got knocked out, and I'm probably slipping further down the rankings because of it, but at least I'm guaranteed the fight of the night bonus". And then the Holloway vs Ortega fight happened.

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:13 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

Anders is a great athlete but still a bit raw. 

A decent ground game and a fuck ton of cardio would help immensely.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:13 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

I think he beats Theodorou though. 

Nope.  This didn't happen, but I had Anders ahead 29-28.  I think he should've won by Split instead of eating the loss.