DVDVR Message Board

UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega (12/8/2018) - Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Scotiabank Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Rakic survived getting hurt in the first 5 seconds and then survived getting kneed while his hands where on the mat and ref missing it. At this stage as a prospect, we know he is at least tough. Still got a first round stoppage win.

Speaking of camp vs. no camp, I don't think you're going to find better illustrations than Ferreira vs. Nelson. Nelson started out strong and then faded fast after about three minutes. He had no energy really to stop those takedowns (and later trying to stop Ferreira from advancing position) after expending himself early trying to get Ferreira out of there.

I scored Theodorou-Anders 28-28 w/ Theodorou winning the first and last round but losing 10-8 in the second round. I guess you need to fully decapitate your opponent to get a 10-8 in Canada.

• Like 1

Theodorou is so fucking awkward. That leaning with his head novice movement... how hasn't he been KO'd clean by now? Like his will to stay active is his greatest strength and it's amazing how far he's gotten with that.

• Like 1

Valentina is dominating at long range and in the clinch unsurprisingly. She's so far been able to avoid mid-range where Joanna could be more effective. She doesn't need head movement when she's not in Joanna's range.