DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2018 - WEEK FOURTEEN

RIPPA

Listening to Skins fans who spent days telling us the Reuben Foster was a good signing say that Kapernick is a horrible signing is going to be the best week ever ?

Granted I would still start Mr Butt Fumble over Kaep but you can't honestly tell me that he is a worse QB than Josh Johnson, EJ Manuel, TJ Yates, and Kellen Clemens 

I have watched exactly one NFL game this year (the Packers D no-showing against the Patriots in an awful game). And like 2 minutes at the end of Andy Reid managing to become the first coach in history to lose when scoring 50 points, which was somehow just and correct.

There is no fantasy universe where Mitchell is better now than Ricky Ray was when he went to the Jets, and I somehow doubt Mitchell is going to land on a good team. I really hope he falls right on his ass, he's an arrogant piece of shit.

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Packers LB coach sent this out yesterday morning:

Interim coach Joe Philbin fired him about an hour later. 

Between this and the story that SI reported, that Rodgers was constantly changing the plays from the line, it's not a great week to be a Rodgers fan. Even Stephen A. Smith had to admit that there had to be at least some correlation between that and Green Bay being 4-7-1.

The big question now, at least to me, is what coach in their right mind wound even want to go there?

Edit: It also answers the question I had during the Seattle game, on why the hell they didn't let Jones run the ball on a 3rd and 1.......

4 hours ago, Mike Campbell said:

Between this and the story that SI reported, that Rodgers was constantly changing the plays from the line, it's not a great week to be a Rodgers fan. Even Stephen A. Smith had to admit that there had to be at least some correlation between that and Green Bay being 4-7-1.

The big question now, at least to me, is what coach in their right mind wound even want to go there?

Edit: It also answers the question I had during the Seattle game, on why the hell they didn't let Jones run the ball on a 3rd and 1.......

That's the big one that I've heard people mention since the firing, and to be blunt, it has to be someone that's comfortable with the fact that they don't run that team. Rodgers does.

I would think that would significantly limit your list of candidates.

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

Or you hire a guy with such a great track record that Rodgers has no choice but to buy in. Not sure who that would be exactly. Maybe Harbaugh?(Jim, not John, though John might be cut loose from the Ravens)

Harbaugh was the first person I thought of, as someone who wouldn't think twice about calling him out, getting in his face, or at least threatening to bench him. After all, he came up in the NFL under Ditka. But, would the brass in Green Bay let him do it?

• Like 1

TANKATHON TOP 11 

(as per usual SOS in parenthesis)

1) San Francisco: 2-10 (.526)

2) Oakland 2-10: (.568)

3) New York Jets: 3-9 (.503)

4) Arizona: 3-9 (.521)

5) Detroit: 4-8 (.500)

6) Atlanta: 4-8 (.503)

7) New York Giants: 4-8 (.510)

8.) Buffalo: 4-8 (.521)

9) Jacksonville: 4-8 (.544)

10) Green Bay: 4-7-1 (.479)

11) Cleveland: 4-7-1 (.536)

Important Games This Week

Falcons at Packers

Jets at Bills

Lions at Cardinals

The local media folks at hinted about this the last couple of days but no one had 100% reported it yet but now Rapoport did

Supposedly he has had multiple surgeries around the infection.

The Skins didn't confirm it but did put out a statement that was basically "Leave Alex and his family alone"

• Sad 1