DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Bane Ambrose - 12/3/2018

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

I dug the stuff with the women tonight. The attack on Ronda and Nattie was more what we should have gotten lats week, but it was still nice to see. The tag match and Ember getting the main event was neat. Hopefully Bayley and Sasha bringing up the non-existent women's tag titles is a hint of things to come next year.

Yeah, I thought all of the women's division stuff was good, especially the Riott Squad attack. And I like when they remember stuff like Ember being one of the first victims of Nia/Tamina. I'm such a continuity geek lol 

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

This show fucking blows. I'm done.

Sometimes this feels like an odd support group for those that gave up on the show.  I might as well have said last week "Hi, my name is NikoBaltimore and I used to watch Raw"  To which others would half-heartedly go "Hi, NikoBaltimore"  On second thought it's best that didn't happen.

I'm cherry-picking my way through the replay and holy shit is the crowd empty.  I feel quite okay about that.  But whoever filmed the "fans" asking questions for Bayley/Sasha needs to be fired as he got a shitton of empty seats in those shots.  And are The Revival supposed to be faces?  If not then why in the fuck are they faced with 3-on-2 and 3-on1 matches?  Whoever they get to even the odds will end up being the de facto face in my book.

• Like 3

Just now, NikoBaltimore said:

Sometimes this feels like an odd support group for those that gave up on the show.  I might as well have said last week "Hi, my name is NikoBaltimore and I used to watch Raw"  To which others would half-heartedly go "Hi, NikoBaltimore"

I am slogging my way through the replay and holy shit is the crowd empty.  I feel quite okay about that.  But whoever filmed the "fans" asking questions for Bayley/Sasha needs to be fired as he got a shitton of empty seats in those shots.  And are The Revival supposed to be faces?  If not then why in the fuck are they faced with 3-on-2 and 3-on1 matches?  Whoever they get to even the odds will end up being the de facto face in my book.

For the last few years now, maybe more than that, heels keep getting booked in handicapped matches, which is the dumbest fucking thing I can think of when it comes to booking and it shows you how out of touch creative is.

• Like 4

Some thoughts...

Dean coat was the bomb.

Renee defended herself against Graves using spousal privilege lol

Is it me or did Dean imply that anyone who didn't commit domestic abuse was a coward?

What was the point of the Drake/Roode segment?

Whoever thought Baron Corbin should get all this screen time needs to be fired

It's sad/frustrating to see Raw in it's current state. I don't remember the last time I watched a full show.

4 hours ago, Jamal said:

Yeah, I thought all of the women's division stuff was good, especially the Riott Squad attack. And I like when they remember stuff like Ember being one of the first victims of Nia/Tamina. I'm such a continuity geek lol 

I'm pretty sure we all are on this board.

• Like 3

Oh Briscoes. I still remember them skipping out on their high school prom to, I think, work a match against each other where they were scrawny as hell, but man could they work. They also didn't have much character. They were basically just VPW 2 CAWs doing all sorts of moves like Burning Hammers and shit.

And then I watch videos like this and think...man...how dem boys have grown.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Oh Briscoes. I still remember them skipping out on their high school prom to, I think, work a match against each other where they were scrawny as hell, but man could they work. They also didn't have much character. They were basically just VPW 2 CAWs doing all sorts of moves like Burning Hammers and shit.

And then I watch videos like this and think...man...how dem boys have grown.

My first time seeing them was when I picked up a tape of CZW's first Best of the Best tournament in late 2001. They were both 16-17? at the time and just gangly teenagers in nondescript singlets. I wasn't terribly impressed with the opening 3 way but then they wrestled eachother in the second round and it was one of those "holy shit how is this as good as it is?" matches. Granted it probably hasn't aged that well and a lot of it was headdrop spam, but totally not what I was expecting at the time.

• Like 1