DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NCAAF: GOIN' BOWLING!

Dolfan in NYC

33 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

Big 4th down stop by Clemson. Now a chance for them to kill some clock and curbstomp Bama. 

To back up Fowler's point, it's hard to say you're a National Champion when it is teams from Alabama and South Carolina. 

Did the other 130+ teams in the nation not play this season?

I'll be interested to see what Saban does with the defensive staff this offseason.  I think he got nervous about the waves Georgia was making in recruiting and promoted/hired a couple of recruiters to be co-DC's, who are in over their heads.  This was the most undisciplined Bama defense I've seen in I don't know how long, and the last 3 teams they faced just wore their asses out.  Those guys just had no answer.  He probably needs to correct that mistake.

Alabama joins USC and Miami as defending national champions who had an undefeated season and people were talking about whether or not they were the greatest team ever, only to get beat in the title game this century.

11 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Also: Fuck strength of schedule as a meaningful metric. Clemson played the easiest schedule of anyone in the final top ten.

Is this where I point out how baby soft their schedule is next year?

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Is this where I point out how baby soft their schedule is next year?

Alabama's is pretty light for them also. Duke is the opener, and their cross divisional opponents are Tennessee and South Carolina.

Most likely, we'll be back at this game next year.