DVDVR Message Board

2018-19 NCAAF: GOIN' BOWLING!

Dolfan in NYC

I hate ESPN.  Yes,  LSU was missing some players on defense but Central Florida clearly needed Milton out there.  Mack Jr. isn't ready. He missed a bunch of throws.  ESPN commentators spent the last five minutes of the game talking about how UCF has no argument to be a playoff contender. 

Fuck ESPN.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'd like an 8 team playoff.  Power 5 conference champions,  3 at-large bids.  If a non-power 5 school is ranked in the top 8 then they auto qualify. 

The first round games played at the top 4 schools the weekend after Army-Navy.

1 minute ago, muhammedboehm said:

The first round games played at the top 4 schools the weekend after Army-Navy.

Yes, that's a good idea. This year would have been Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Washington, Ohio St.,  Notre Dame, Central Florida and Georgia.  

Then you seed the teams. 

1. Alabama 

2. Clemson 

3. Notre Dame 

4. Georgia 

5. Oklahoma 

6. Ohio St. 

7. Central Florida 

8. Washington 

Washington @ Alabama 

Central Florida @ Clemson 

Ohio St. @ Notre Dame 

Oklahoma @ Georgia 

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I hate ESPN.  Yes,  LSU was missing some players on defense but Central Florida clearly needed Milton out there.  Mack Jr. isn't ready. He missed a bunch of throws.  ESPN commentators spent the last five minutes of the game talking about how UCF has no argument to be a playoff contender. 

Fuck ESPN.  

Someone needs to let those guys know that due to deforestation the planet is running out of oxygen, so they need to help out and stop breathing.

Georgia should have known they were in for a long night when Bevo almost turned Uga into a stuffed animal at the beginning of the game. 

I can't tell if this is Texas just showing how good they are or Georgia in "fuck it we aren't in the BCS" mode

#5 Georgia...thumped by Texas

#7 Michigan...thumped by Florida

#8 UCF...soundly beaten by LSU

To say nothing of #3 Notre Dame getting whipped and #4 Oklahoma getting outclassed by Bama.

Tell me again we need an 8-team playoff, tho.

• Like 1

There really is only 2 benefits of a 8 team playoff

1.  Make more bowl games meaningful which might stop seeing all these players not playing for the draft.  

2.  Makes it a little bit harder to see Alabama vs Clemson every fucking year. 

10 hours ago, EVA said:

#5 Georgia...thumped by Texas

#7 Michigan...thumped by Florida

#8 UCF...soundly beaten by LSU

To say nothing of #3 Notre Dame getting whipped and #4 Oklahoma getting outclassed by Bama.

Tell me again we need an 8-team playoff, tho.

That was my problem with this year. The two best teams clearly for the last half of the season were Alabama and Clemson. 3-12 were virtually interchangeable for me.

A longer playoff can maybe allow a team to build momentum/confidence to eliminate some foregone conclusions, but I think we're going to have *this* be the match up for perpetuity until Saban/Dabo are no longer the two coaches standing on opposite sidelines.