Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Edwin

DECEMBER 2018 GIFS THREAD

Recommended Posts

There was a moment during that time period where Buff was absolutely on fire, and was one of the best heel workers in the nWo, as well as the entire company. But then the neck break scare happened, plus the weird fake face turn, then he just completely clammed up as a worker, and a character.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

There was a moment during that time period where Buff was absolutely on fire, and was one of the best heel workers in the nWo, as well as the entire company. But then the neck break scare happened, plus the weird fake face turn, then he just completely clammed up as a worker, and a character.

Word. It was like night and day having grown up watching him as the handsome clean cut chipper teaming with 2 Cold Scorpio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott Norton, hater of Rainbows. Walter, hater of watching a guy do more than 2 bounces on an armdrag or whatever the fuck he was actually trying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God, I was a big fan of Norton.  Wish he had had a better run in the states.  One of my favorite big man workers. 

And, as an added bonus, we got his wife trolling people on Stu's Strong Style Symphony boards way back when.  That was definitely worth the price of admission.

Edit: Also, I'm shocked the Mitch Page spot went bad.  Whowouldathunk putting a flaming towel on your head while you jump off a post could possibly turn out poorly?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 9:57 AM, Goodear said:

tumblr_nkk6ipcYLV1ruwpoco5_400.gif

tumblr_nkk6ipcYLV1ruwpoco2_400.gif

♪♫ My folks were always putting him down
They said he came from the wrong side of town
They told me he was bad but I knew he was sad
That's why I fell for the leader of the pack ♪♫

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 8:04 PM, Oyaji said:

A buddy and I spent our Friday night devouring pizza and watching wrestling highlights on this fantastic youtube channel. Time well spent. The top moves of Big Daddy V reminded us of how rad that guy could be.

 

giphy.gif

Can't find a gif of his dope Japanese style spinning heel kick.

I imagine you have to have some mighty big balls to take that leg drop face down AND facing away.  Absolutely no way of protecting yourself if Mabel’s aim is off and he’s about to squash your head like a grape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 9:04 PM, Oyaji said:

A buddy and I spent our Friday night devouring pizza and watching wrestling highlights on this fantastic youtube channel. Time well spent. The top moves of Big Daddy V reminded us of how rad that guy could be.

 

 

Can't find a gif of his dope Japanese style spinning heel kick.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Speaking of Viscera

tenor.gif

Also speaking of viscera:

Quote

Fast food overseas always seems crazier than it does stateside, doesn’t it? Particularly in Asia — McDonald’s Japan recently unveiled a burger featuring a patty of macaroni, shrimp and white sauce with a breadcrumb crust.

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 5:49 AM, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

That's Panama Gang to be precise, y'all. 

- RAF

He was only Panama Gang as a heel and primarily as he was out with a leg injury caused by Dusty Rhodes. This is back to good old One Man Gang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Player One said:

God, I was a big fan of Norton.  Wish he had had a better run in the states.  One of my favorite big man workers. 

And, as an added bonus, we got his wife trolling people on Stu's Strong Style Symphony boards way back when.  That was definitely worth the price of admission.

Edit: Also, I'm shocked the Mitch Page spot went bad.  Whowouldathunk putting a flaming towel on your head while you jump off a post could possibly turn out poorly?

Saaaame. What did his wife say to you guys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Player One said:

God, I was a big fan of Norton.  Wish he had had a better run in the states.  One of my favorite big man workers. 

And, as an added bonus, we got his wife trolling people on Stu's Strong Style Symphony boards way back when.  That was definitely worth the price of admission.

You forgot the most important thing in her specific target being Josh Barnett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

RIP Mister Zero(the character), this was technically his last match at the time. Suitable final bump to end his career. He made 3 one off-returns in the next 12 years, but whatever. BRUTAL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a killer angle live (I think I'm one of the fans scrambling away from the spot). ZERO sold that shit like death to the point his dad came out to check on him ("Brad?")... it really was beautifully done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Liam said:

He was only Panama Gang as a heel and primarily as he was out with a leg injury caused by Dusty Rhodes. This is back to good old One Man Gang.

When Humperdink threw him out of the CWF heel locker room, or rather, threw his gear out into the hallway, for being a loser (post-injury, after doing a lot of ringside work with Ron Bass and taking the blame for RB losing the Southern Heavyweight Title), didn't he have a brief face run versus The House Of Humperdink and teamed with Dusty Rhodes? I remember him returning with the mohawk in Texas with Skandor Akbar after that. One Man Gang always rocked.

the brain cells are weak,

RAF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Eivion said:

You forgot the most important thing in her specific target being Josh Barnett.

Those days were amazing. And to think we nearly banned her when that happened. Pretty sure Scott himself came on and apologised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Horangi said:

Those days were amazing. And to think we nearly banned her when that happened. Pretty sure Scott himself came on and apologised.

He did, and I'm glad Stu let her stay. She was pretty nice to us later on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ryan said:

 

RIP Mister Zero(the character), this was technically his last match at the time. Suitable final bump to end his career. He made 3 one off-returns in the next 12 years, but whatever. BRUTAL.

I don’t know why? But the combined words “Tornado Pedigree” make me burst out in laughter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 8:59 AM, Pete said:

When you make MISAWA lose his shit...

Somebody send that to Maffew, stat! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...