DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] DECEMBER 2018 NXT/NXT UK DISCUSSION

nofuture

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

And here are your call ups (RAW spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

Some think they are all going to RAW but that part seems a little unclear

Spoiler

Maybe Sanity can actually be used if Nikki is put back with them. The only reason I think Killian Dain isn't getting pushed is his excessive body hair. You've got Eric Young as the mouthpiece, so put Dain and Wolfe in the tag title picture.

I know it probably wouldn't work logistically or from a branding perspective, but I love the idea of WWE allowing some of the NXT US talent to take excursions overseas with the UK brand and their affiliate companies and vice a versa kind of in the New Japan mold. 

EC3 is Bobby Roode 2.0, so I won't miss him, but Lacey Evans, Heavy Machinery and Nikki Cross are great, so I'm bummed I won't get to see them regularly in NXT, but happy they are getting a chance to move up and I hope they are used properly and get over on the main roster.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

EC3 is Bobby Roode 2.0, so I won't miss him, but Lacey Evans, Heavy Machinery and Nikki Cross are great, so I'm bummed I won't get to see them regularly in NXT, but happy they are getting a chance to move up and I hope they are used properly and get over on the main roster.

Bobby Roode is about 75 times better than EC3.  Bobby Roode was all substance no style.  Bobby Roode had multiple really good NXT matches, EC3 is just a dude who is on the roster.  There hasn't been a single second of EC3's run where I thought he was more than just a bland dude with a good body.  He's good...but he's not better than anyone on NXT television week to week.

32 minutes ago, supremebve said:

There hasn't been a single second of EC3's run where I thought he was more than just a bland dude with a good body.

That's exactly how I felt with Roode in NXT, plus a catchphrase.

He's one of those guys who just never clicked with me.

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

Bobby Roode is about 75 times better than EC3.  Bobby Roode was all substance no style.  Bobby Roode had multiple really good NXT matches, EC3 is just a dude who is on the roster.  There hasn't been a single second of EC3's run where I thought he was more than just a bland dude with a good body.  He's good...but he's not better than anyone on NXT television week to week.

They were both better utilized in TNA/Impact. 

• Like 3

Matt Riddle has replaced Johnny Gargano in that NXT 10 man happening on the MSG show next week.

So that is how the handled the weirdness of Gargano and Black being on the same team

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 2:50 PM, clintthecrippler said:

WWE would probably make enough revenue to cover their entire Wrestlemania weekend costs by doing a "Triple H points at new signee" photo op at Axxess. 

They have a cardboard cut out of Triple H doing the pointing hand gesture. They've had it since at least 2017.

• Like 2

Adam Cole wasn't the legal man.  Am I the only one who notices this!

Also, I think I've figured out what I hate about Charly Caruso's ring announcing.  She always sounds like she's the video game announcer looking for the next sound file.   

• Like 1

I'm not disagreeing that EC3's 'run' in NXT has been uninspiring, but he hasn't really been given anything to do - he wasn't even really established as a face or a heel until he started fighting Undisputed Era.

The other problem is that his character doesn't really have a backstory - he's not a Carter anymore, and it's sort of acknowledged that he was in NXT back when it was a ludicrous gameshow, but not really. I think he should have just used his real name - it was a mistake to try to take the gimmick back to WWE. Hopefully he goes to RAW as a heel (the vignette suggests that) and they pair him with Maverick. Wrestlemania Season isn't really the best time to come in unless you're getting a strong push (unlikely), so he's likely to be in a low-card comedy spot for now anyway.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, Greggulator said:

I am a dork.

How big of a dork am I?

I'm taking vacation time to go to the next NXT taping at Full Sail! (To be fair: I'm also visiting my parents post-holiday, but still.)

Don't you dare make apologies or rationales. This is time well spent!