DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] DECEMBER 2018 NXT/NXT UK DISCUSSION

nofuture

• RIPPA pinned this topic
2 hours ago, nofuture said:

Word is Wrestlemania Takeover is moving back to Friday, so there won't be any conflict between them and the ROH/NJPW MSG show.  I'm sure there's going to be a lot of indie shows booked on Friday that won't be happy with that news.

Yeah as someone who bought tickets to Janela Spring Break already this decision really sucks.  I was always planning on going to Takeover over the Ring of Honor show even if I could have gotten tickets.   Since I already paid for those pricey tickets to begin with not much choice now

Possible spoilers for NXT UK Takeover and someone who may or may not appear in the crowd as a new signee or something. Or it could be a coincidence.

Spoiler

Ilja Dragunov has been pulled from a Pro Wrestling Chaos show that happens on the same day as NXT UK Takeover.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 3:13 PM, nofuture said:

Word is Wrestlemania Takeover is moving back to Friday, so there won't be any conflict between them and the ROH/NJPW MSG show.  I'm sure there's going to be a lot of indie shows booked on Friday that won't be happy with that news.

Oh no, my wallet.  :(

F4W is reporting Jonah Rock is another signee for next month.

So they've signed WALTER, ACH, Shane Strickland, Trevor Lee and Jonah Rock. Anyone else?

?

5 hours ago, Edwin said:

F4W is reporting Jonah Rock is another signee for next month.

So they've signed WALTER, ACH, Shane Strickland, Trevor Lee and Jonah Rock. Anyone else?

?

Ilja Dragunov is rumoured. He dropped a booking the same day as the NXTUK Takeover. Also some TNA guy I can't remember ever hearing of; Sam Shaw or something like that?

38 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

Ilja Dragunov is rumoured. He dropped a booking the same day as the NXTUK Takeover. Also some TNA guy I can't remember ever hearing of; Sam Shaw or something like that?

Samuel Shaw. His gimmick was along the lines of Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. He was involved in an angle in which he was stalking Christy Hemme.

Article on the Latin American tryouts

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/wwe-tryout-santiago-chile-december-2018

Tayane Porfirio de Araújo, 23, a multi-time world champion in jiu-jitsu
Ricky Marvin, who has wrestled for AAA, CMLL and Pro Wrestling NOAH for over two decades
Manuel Alejandro Saez, former Cruiserweight Classic participant who lost to Gran Metalik in the first round
Ariki Toa, a 11 year in-ring veteran
Patricia Maria Fontes Santos, a former ballerina who transitioned into jiu-jitsu. A three time World No-Gi champion.
Stephanie Vaquer, a wrestler who has wrestled in the United States, Japan and Mexico.
Dragon Bane, who is the current King of the Air champion for IWRG.
Zatara, a masked wrestler from this year’s Mae Young Classic tournament.
Diego Valdes, better known as Alex Hero who has wrestled in the Chilean indy scene since 2013.
Keyra, who currently wrestles for AAA but has also worked The Crash and Impact Wrestling. She also wears a mask.
Pedro Sanchez, who is being billed as a street-workout athlete. He trains in boxing.

RICKY MARVIN~!

Alright, sign Ricky Marvin and throw him in with the January signings and you'll have one of the most stacked rosters ever.

Angel Fashion and Vanilla Vargas from Puerto Rico were also there. I believe Angel relocated to Central Florida and has been working for the indy circuit and Vanilla is working for AAA and the US indy circuit.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

INTERNET RUMBLINGS~! say the January class is massive and includes at least one tag team

Wouldn't be surprised at all, if it's Aussie Open.

I don't buy this hairbrained explanation for why Kyle Fletcher was pulled out of the Frontline Wrestling J-1 tournament:

From the new WON

Shane Strickland’s situation is still up in the air regarding WWE. The basic update is Strickland is almost surely winding up in WWE, but not right now. His MLW contract that he negotiated did give him an out clause to go to WWE. However, he still has his Lucha Underground contract that doesn’t allow it at this time, so he’ll be like Ricochet was, basically waiting out his contract time and then probably start up after that

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

If they did sign Ricky Marvin would he be the most experienced wrestler to appear on a NXT/FCW "class"?   

Yes though I have a feeling his signing would more be to the "coach" of Latin America so I don't think he would be in a "class"

59 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yes though I have a feeling his signing would more be to the "coach" of Latin America so I don't think he would be in a "class"

I can't remember the last time I thought about Ricky Marvin, I think it was when he was teaming with Juventud having matches with Kenta and Marufuji.  I loved those matches, I'd like to see what he has left in the tank. 

15 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I can't remember the last time I thought about Ricky Marvin, I think it was when he was teaming with Juventud having matches with Kenta and Marufuji.  I loved those matches, I'd like to see what he has left in the tank. 

If you are curious? Then here is a recent match with him schooling NJPW/CMLL's Kawato...

• Like 1