DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling/Sporting Venues

KidKash202

On 12/1/2018 at 11:06 PM, Curt McGirt said:

I went looking just for a photo of a Korakuen Hall direction sign (you know, EAST or WEST etc.) and found this. Fucking gorgeous. 

city-tour-guide-tokyo-ken-ishii-korakuen

I love how you can see both different kinds of seating, the balcony (which many of us have seen people fall off or nearly thrown off of), and of all things the floor panels, which are so iconic in their own right. And it's also amusing that this is probably some indie kickboxing fed having a show with like no people at all in the crowd haha

Do you know where I can watch/see clips/videos of different combat sporting events from Korakuen Hall? I always wanted to see something NON-wrestling from there

That is a cool picture man

3 hours ago, KidKash202 said:

Do you know where I can watch/see clips/videos of different combat sporting events from Korakuen Hall? I always wanted to see something NON-wrestling from there

Punching "Korakuen Hall MMA" into Youtube brings up a bunch of stuff.

12 hours ago, KidKash202 said:

The sign says All Japan school student kickboxing event.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:06 PM, Curt McGirt said:

I went looking just for a photo of a Korakuen Hall direction sign (you know, EAST or WEST etc.) and found this. Fucking gorgeous. 

city-tour-guide-tokyo-ken-ishii-korakuen

I love how you can see both different kinds of seating, the balcony (which many of us have seen people fall off or nearly thrown off of), and of all things the floor panels, which are so iconic in their own right. And it's also amusing that this is probably some indie kickboxing fed having a show with like no people at all in the crowd haha

I've been to several shows at Korakuen Hall and it still remains my favorite pro wrestling venue.

I like how it feels like a big venue and a small old school venue at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

The Scope in Norfolk, VA looks awesome.  I remember watching WCW events where they always built up the Scope.  Place still exists and there was a WWE house show there this summer.

Put me in the crowd that hates how every single venue looks the same on Raw and Smackdown.  The lighting and tron really don't add anything unique.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

The Scope in Norfolk, VA looks awesome.  I remember watching WCW events where they always built up the Scope.  Place still exists and there was a WWE house show there this summer.

Along similar lines, Dorton Arena in Raleigh is a beautiful looking arena. They do roller derby there too- the Gotham Girls were raving about it when they traveled down a few years ago

6 minutes ago, CSC said:

I guess if you consider the beach a venue, the actual outdoor Bash at the Beach was such an awesome visual. 

DiB7LCCW0AEl6nK.jpg

While this was the first wrestling show I could simply walk to, the sightlines were fucking awful.I think I only made it 30 minutes into the PPV itself before I left.

On 12/1/2018 at 11:47 PM, Six String Orchestra said:

I'm gonna go in a different direction and rep PWG's old venue in Reseda. It wasn't beautiful but had that vibe. But i'm a big PWG fan.

Same here!  It was even in an episode of GLOW.

american-legion-post-_308-photo-u1?w=650

The new place looks REALLY nice, though.  But I'll miss seeing American Legion Post 308 (or, as my wife calls it, "that place with the speakers").

A52W9873.jpg

• Like 4

I do not enjoy the Globe due to the lighting. Way too dark especially after they'd been at The Legion for so long and it was lit up to the max. The move fits in with PWG's rough patch following the exodus to NXT. 

• 1 month later...

Excellent read from WH Park

WH PARK LOOKS AT THE TEN BEST VENUES TO WATCH PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING IN JAPAN WITH HIS FIRSTHAND ACCOUNTS OF BUILDINGS RANGING FROM BUDOKAN HALL TO HAKATA STAR LANES, AND MORE.

WH Park: Journey to the Center of Puroresu https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/01/30/wh-park-journey-to-the-center-of-puroresu/

• Like 2

On 2/7/2019 at 11:21 AM, olythegreat89 said:

I was baptized in this church, now I can watch wrestling there.

c700x420.jpg

From the appearance it looks like an orthodox church, am I right?

St. George Greek Orthodox Church (where I was baptized) in Piscataway, NJ needs wrestling during their 4 day festival in May. 

It's St. Bridget's Catholic Church in Jersey City, NJ. It's now called Cathedral Hall and they have lots of different events there.

They've also renovated parts of the church and turned them into condos. Well they've pretty much turned everything in downtown JC into condos but that's a conversation for another day.

• Like 1