DVDVR Message Board

The Kareem Hunt got himself released thread

nofuture

Yeah about that "investigation":

I am mean isn't surprising they didn't talk to the woman given their history but seriously didn't even bother to talk to Hunt so he could BS them 

Okay so apparently the video was from his own house yet the first time he saw the video on TMZ.    So what is the purpose of putting security cams in your house if you don't look at it.  Especially after the incident.   Maybe that is the paranoid part of me.   

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

Yeah about that "investigation":

I am mean isn't surprising they didn't talk to the woman given their history but seriously didn't even bother to talk to Hunt so he could BS them 

Okay so apparently the video was from his own house yet the first time he saw the video on TMZ.    So what is the purpose of putting security cams in your house if you don't look at it.  Especially after the incident.   Maybe that is the paranoid part of me.   

It's not a house. He owns an apartment in a hotel. So he likely doesn't have access to the footage since the cameras don't belong to him. 

I just can't fault the NFL for this one. They tried to get the video (by legal means, not 'paying off a cop and the hotel' TMZ means) and were told no, they tried to interview the woman/her friend but they never responded. Yea they could have interviewed Hunt but he would have just denied it so that wouldn't have helped. The issue is based partly in that the police don't go after misdemeanors hard enough to subpoena for the tapes, and the hotel wasn't going to hand them over since Hunt I am sure paid a fair amount of money to stay there. That headline is just click-bait since it doesn't include that the NFL tried to interview the woman, the NFL is a business, they can't force anyone to do anything. While I think they dragged out the Ezekiel Elliot investigation too long, at least in that case the accuser did talk to the NFL, without that its difficult to form a conclusion without some other type of proof which in Hunt's case there was none at the time aside from a police report that gave two very different versions of the events.

I think Hunt will play again but the fact there are two other instances of his temper leading to violence (in January and June) won't help as that shows its a pattern and not a one time "I lost my cool" situation.  While he is a great player, running backs are the least difficult position to plug in a new player and get decent results so if his eventual suspension is long it may be the last we hear from him. It may depend on what comes of his other incidences and if he can convince people he has changed, voluntary therapy would probably help and if I was his agent I'd be strongly recommending that.

• Like 2