DVDVR Message Board

The Kareem Hunt got himself released thread

nofuture

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

The more important question is how long did the NFL know of the video and did nothing.  Because the idea they had no clue either is even more bullshit

They've apparently been "investigating" since February.

Loosely translated: "We knew about it and were content to do sweet fuck-all until the video went public."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Washington FC to claim him off waivers in 3... 2...

I was going to make that joke but then I realized for at least a "logic" standpoint they have to put in a claim.

Their whole argument for claiming Foster was "Well he might not play for us but let's see what happens and we don't care what the backlash is" and Hunt is clearly more talented than Foster and a bigger position of need

Well now that the Chiefs have released him there's not much left to discuss.  I applaud them because they at least valued this incident (or the fact that he lied to them) more than their season. They aren't winning the Super Bowl without Kareem Hunt so it's kind of refreshing to see a team take that kind of stand. 

The one thing that's different between Hunt and Foster, though, is that there isn't (as yet) videotape of the incident involving Foster.

That doesn't justify the Skins picking Foster up on waivers, of course.  I just don't think that there would be any kind of consideration since there's the actual video of the Hunt incident.

Apparently both the NFL and KC tried to get the video but the hotel gave it to the Cleveland PD and neither would share it.

So as Deadspin wrote

This means the NFL and the Chiefs knew a video existed, and they were either satisfied with what Hunt told them at the time, or were simply hoping the video never got out.

KC's statement leads you to believe it is the former

• Thanks 1

The owner is refusing to change the team name. But that doesn't mean everyone should abide by his wishes. Well, the stadium isn't even in Washington DC now, so I call them the Landover Washingtons.

But anyway, if he's on the Commissioner Exempt list, they can't claim him right now because he's not allowed to play (or practice).

If Kareem Hunt can prove that the Chiefs knew about the video many months and just NOW releases him,, I wonder if he has any legal grounds against the Chiefs.   Although given the recent history, the Players Association probably took that away from them as well.  

I think Hunt will play again somewhere and here's why.  I believe the former OU running back Joe Mixon who was drafted by the Bengals is on video punching a woman in the face. It's a horrible video.  It was a somewhat similar scenario to this with the lead up,   Mixon alleges that the woman called him a racial slur. 

In the Hunt scenario,  I believe it is in the police report where friends of Hunt told police the woman was kicked out of their party and then she got into it with another female there, attacked her and called Hunt racial slurs.  I don't believe that excuses physical violence towards a female but my point is Mixon was forgiven. 

If Mixon is in the league then I assume someone signs Hunt..  plus, obviously Hunt is way better and a top 3 RB in the league. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-reportedly-told-chiefs-stop-pursuing-kareem-hunt-video-024510874.html

Many find it unusual that TMZ obtained the video while the NFL couldn’t.

According to a report from The Athletic on Saturday, the Chiefs knew that this video existed and repeatedly attempted to obtain it. The team, though, was “told by the NFL to stop pursuing it later in February once the league began its investigation.”

Uhhhhhhhh. . .wut?