DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Gigante Pollo

Oh man, there was a lucha match a couple years back with some guy called Pollo dressed as a chicken against a guy in combat gear if I recall... Comandante Negro? And it was a fucking bloodbath. Does anybody remember this?! I think it was in IWRG.

Also, I love how if the quality of the '89 Tag League wasn't bad enough with Tiger Jeet Singh right there, Baba went and flew in the Nasty Boys

• Like 2

I think people not liking the Nasties is largely down to the fact that they were the only Wrestlers to have ever been Dusty's boys while also being Hogan's boys. That and the Ken Shamrock thing. Or Finley's Leg. Or them being in WCW in the dying days and then not getting in WWE afterwards, which implied they were past it.

I mean, I'm glad they got canned from TNA before the Dudley Boys feud got into the ring. That wouldn't have been good.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AxB said:

Or them being in WCW in the dying days and then not getting in WWE afterwards, which implied they were past it.

Am I crazy, or didn’t the Nasties have a dark match (perhaps more than one) before a Raw, about 10-15 years ago?

14 hours ago, Victator said:

Nasties were a good team. People shit on them, but can never point to bad work they did. Awesome brawlers and knew good tag team psych in normal matches.

I remember them wrestling Harlem Heat a million times from 94-96 and never having more than a 2 star match with them. They weren't complete shit but they weren't great by any stretch. 

34 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Am I crazy, or didn’t the Nasties have a dark match (perhaps more than one) before a Raw, about 10-15 years ago?

It was a SmackDown taping in November 2007, per cagematch … the Nasties beat Dave Taylor and Drew McIntyre.

10 hours ago, AxB said:

I mean, I'm glad they got canned from TNA before the Dudley Boys feud got into the ring. That wouldn't have been good.

It did though

Then they had a Tables Match rematch the following week and a six man tag later. Sags later said he thought they could've gone 2 years with the Dudleys building to street fights and cage matches all across the towns.