DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

This is my favorite of the current Hana looks.

That is one of the outfits she currently wears in Stardom. If you catch anything for Stardom I actually suggest before she put on colorful fuzzy boots. The stuff she does now is sort of still in the testing phase.

Also, don't bother with her match against Rebel. Because for all that people complain about Will Ospreay matches looking like dance routines, Hana vs Rebel is literally just a dance contest with intermittent stalling for like 60% of the match. And when they start wrestling, it's like both of them think "She's really green, I need to simplify this right down to the basics". And there it stays.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Also, don't bother with her match against Rebel. Because for all that people complain about Will Ospreay matches looking like dance routines, Hana vs Rebel is literally just a dance contest with intermittent stalling for like 60% of the match. And when they start wrestling, it's like both of them think "She's really green, I need to simplify this right down to the basics". And there it stays.

Would people really go out of their way to watch Rebel's matches? I never really heard of her as being anything well regarded.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

WWE loves their meaningless streaks.

They're just jealous that even after all this time, if you say to someone "Wrestling streak" they still say "Goldberg WCW".

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Something to keep in mind in case anyone has forgotten: every single one of those records, like every single other thing the company does, came about only to spite C.M. Punk and for no other reason. 

I think the initial Punk reign was done to create an empty record because good stories are too hard. 

4 hours ago, Victator said:

I think the initial Punk reign was done to create an empty record because good stories are too hard. 

There also was too much hot potatoing of the belts back then. To get a long, and note worthy reign at the time for the WWE was rare, as well as needed. It’s a shame though that it was relegated to semi-main status for some very bad Cena feuds.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

Would people really go out of their way to watch Rebel's matches? I never really heard of her as being anything well regarded.

The thing that baffles me with Rebel is that she started wrestling in her mid-30s as part of her role with Knux's TNA stable. When that ended, I assumed she'd stop wrestling, but instead she decided to work indies and do a Stardom tour. If nothing else, it's hard not to appreciate the effort.

• Like 3