DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

Good lord. This is just from a cursory look at a bunch of random shows from 1990.

Steve Gatorwolf, Ivan Koloff, Randy Rose, Rip Rogers, Joel Deaton, Dustin Rhodes, David Sammartino, Mark Scarpa, Ranger Ross, Pete Roberts, The Trooper, Rip Morgan, Scotty The Body, Eric Embry, Richard Charland, Southern Rockers, Ricky Santana, Butch Masters, The Skywalker.

Rogers had a singles match against Kobashi on that tour. It’s a pretty fun ten minutes, and the fancam on YouTube is quite good. 

59 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Mike Bell and his brothers (one of whom had a brief stint in UPW) were the subject of a documentary about steroid abuse (Bigger, Stronger, Faster) or something like that. It was on netflix at some point and is a pretty good watch.

I think all of the Bells went through UPW at some point. Smelly (Mark) was even a light heavyweight champ before he ballooned up. I was there when Mike did his first appearance after the Perry Saturn incident. He was over huge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Rogers had a singles match against Kobashi on that tour. It’s a pretty fun ten minutes, and the fancam on YouTube is quite good. 

Raven(Scotty The Body) had a match with Misawa too.

AJPW Summer Action Series II 1990 - Day 6
1990/08/23 @ Velodrome Parking Lot in Iwaki, Fukushima (Japan)
Mitsuharu Misawa defeated Scotty the Body (12 minutes)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, D.Z said:

16231901.jpg

I like that Lifelike Violence Mild content warning. None quite as good as the old "Contains Mild Wrestling Action" on WWE DVDs, but close.

Why is it that Hana Kimura's furry boots fall down around her ankles constantly, and she has to pull them back up instead of selling? Because every other furry boot wrestler doesn't seem to have that problem.

11 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Mike Bell and his brothers (one of whom had a brief stint in UPW) were the subject of a documentary about steroid abuse (Bigger, Stronger, Faster) or something like that. It was on netflix at some point and is a pretty good watch.

And Mark Bell runs super training gym and has been on Stone Cold's podcast

9 hours ago, AxB said:

I like that Lifelike Violence Mild content warning. None quite as good as the old "Contains Mild Wrestling Action" on WWE DVDs, but close.

Why is it that Hana Kimura's furry boots fall down around her ankles constantly, and she has to pull them back up instead of selling? Because every other furry boot wrestler doesn't seem to have that problem.

She's doing that on purpose.

3-5-551x367.jpg?resize=551,367