DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

20181204_EmberInsta_FC--abb5cde8e3c6f477

I was staring at this a bit thinking this was either A) An Evo fighting tournament competitor or B) The actor who played the live action Ryu in the Street Fighter movie. 

God, he’s starting to look his age. I think somebody needs to tell Tommy thin beards don’t look good when your skin starts to stretch.

37 minutes ago, Goodear said:

96da9144dc2f44624bff1d430ac7d234.jpg

It’s a good thing Nailz wasn’t around during the Attitude-Era. I can imagine Russo telling the booking committee “Hey why don’t we do the Berserker sword angle again? But instead of the sword it’s Nailz trying to prison rape Bossman. We’ll even have him miss, and go through the ring just like the Berserker”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

I'm pretty sure Russo would just book him raping him with the nightstick.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It’d have to be on a pole first.

Well, the match between the Boss Man and Nailz at Survivor Series '92 was a nightstick on a pole match. Nailz's testimony against Vince would been even better if he claimed Vince tried to sodomize him with the nightstick.

My favorite fact about Nailz is working one match for WCW, vs.Sting Slamboree 1993, yet being under contract until 1999.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Well, the match between the Boss Man and Nailz at Survivor Series '92 was a nightstick on a pole match. Nailz's testimony against Vince would been even better if he claimed Vince tried to sodomize him with the nightstick.

My favorite fact about Nailz is working one match for WCW, vs.Sting Slamboree 1993, yet being under contract until 1999.

Ha. Were they actually paying him in something besides Monopoly money? What was his downside guarantee?

On 12/6/2018 at 2:07 PM, Pete said:

Ha. Were they actually paying him in something besides Monopoly money? What was his downside guarantee?

More on Nailz:

He signed a contract with WCW in 1997 because Eric Bischoff knew him from the AWA in Minnesota and liked that he had attacked McMahon. According to a report by Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter in early 1998, WCW officials considered having him join the nWo, but it never came to fruition. He worked one match 20 years ago today at a non-televised event and was never used again. He was apparently released in May 1999 when WCW officials were looking to cut costs and remembered he was on the payroll making about $150,000 on an annual basis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wasn't supporting prison rape jokes. I literally believe that's what Russo would have booked given his track record. Prison rape isn't funny.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Say what you will about Nailz. But he sure was good at doing worked two handed strangles. He was so good at it that I sometimes wonder if the LJN games were rotoscoping him for the strangle animation.

Are we sure he was working it? It's about all he did and he probably tried to strangle Vince, so he had practice.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Are we sure he was working it? It's about all he did...

Well that’s because they didn’t give him a lot of time to tell in ring stories. Trust me if guys like him, and the Boogie Woogie Man got more time they’d be mentioned in the same breath as the Steamboat’s, the Flair’s, and the Davey Richards of the world.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Goodear said:

Now that the prison rape jokes are out of the way can we all just remember Nailz beating Bossman to a pulp in his debut?  Just pinnacle selling from Bossman.  Here's the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmXsVtwOlFU

Word. This was almost as horrifying as the Macho/Jake snakebite angle as a kid. Nailz just looked like a pure murderer

• Like 2