DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

7 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

While watching (and enjoying) Sid vs Michaels Survivor Series ‘96, I was reading Sid’s wiki page. 

He’s been married to same woman since 1983. Pretty impressive for anyone, especially in this business. 

Anyone interacted with him? Nice guy?

The only thing against him is the fight with Arn. Which all around is very messed up. But him and Arn seem past it, so I don't see why we should be concerned with it. 

8 minutes ago, Victator said:

The only thing against him is the fight with Arn. Which all around is very messed up. But him and Arn seem passed it, so I don't see why we should be concerned with it. 

Just read this: https://prowrestlingstories.com/pro-wrestling-stories/sid-vicious-arn-anderson-fight/

That's some crazy stuff. I like the bit where Scorpio says none of Arn's buddies came out to help him during the fight. And Vader talking about coming into the hallway in his underwear. 

Was Scorpio some kind of legit badass shooter? Or is that just how he was telling the story?

1 hour ago, Captain Kronos said:

Just read this: https://prowrestlingstories.com/pro-wrestling-stories/sid-vicious-arn-anderson-fight/

That's some crazy stuff. I like the bit where Scorpio says none of Arn's buddies came out to help him during the fight. And Vader talking about coming into the hallway in his underwear. 

Was Scorpio some kind of legit badass shooter? Or is that just how he was telling the story?

Scorpio kicked the shit out of Hawk when they were on that North Korean tour and he beat one of the Harris Bros in Brawl for All. He's got a rep for being one of those guys you don't want to fuck with.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

While watching (and enjoying) Sid vs Michaels Survivor Series ‘96, I was reading Sid’s wiki page. 

He’s been married to same woman since 1983. Pretty impressive for anyone, especially in this business. 

I met him a while back (2010) at the NWA Legends Fanfest. He was pretty nice to me and all of the fans I saw him interact with. I know he was getting paid to be there but he was one of the guys who took a little extra time to chat with whomever was taking a picture or getting an autograph from him.

• Like 7

Sid seems like he cares about the fans which is great.  But recent things seems a bit odd to me.  A couple years ago he no-showed an event and made up some story about passport issues (this was all in the US)  And I believe a couple months ago he had some rather creepy comments about the Paige videos.  So while he might be a nice guy he's not without his faults.

• Haha 2

When Sid was talking about the Paige hacked videos, he was under the impression that she'd intentionally released them herself. But he'd also clearly watched every second of footage he could find... and also clearly doesn't watch current WWE, as he didn't recognise Xavier Woods at all.

I'm fairly sure almost nobody on this site watched those videos, btw. I have a pretty good idea, because hypothetically if someone were to have watched them, and then hypothetically posted a joke that only people who had also watched them would get, they'd be able to work out who'd watched by checking their likes on that post. And if it was only like 2 or 3 people, he'd know that nobody else watched them. Hypothetically.

4 hours ago, Victator said:

I the problem is without the middle portion, you have no idea what is happening. They could have skipped around showing more of the fight including the punch. Surely they are planning on running a match with Nia. That seems like a given.

I think Becky beating up Nia in the locker room was supposed to be the blow off to that.

Now that would bring up other issues but still

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

A couple years ago he no-showed an event and made up some story about passport issues (this was all in the US) 

He no-showed a AIW show in Cleveland in January 2017 then claimed he was prevented from boarding the plane because of President Trump's new travel policy (?) and the fact  that he had an unpaid speeding ticket (??) and didn't have his passport (???).

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think Becky beating up Nia in the locker room was supposed to be the blow off to that.

Now that would bring up other issues but still

Oh, I just realized what they're actually building towards at Mania. (Keep in mind Smackdown to Fox happens in October.)

- Ronda drops the title at the Rumble to Nia (or whoever) at the Rumble via outside interference (Charlotte or Becky). Becky takes the Smackdown title off Asuka at the Rumble.  Charlotte wins the Rumble itself. 

- Ronda loses the rematch at EC (outside interference again), Becky retains also. 

- Ronda demands a shot at  Becky at Fastlane, gets it and it goes to a NC because Charlotte does whatever.

- Triple Threat for Becky's title at Mania.  Ronda wins (probably by tapping Charlotte) and is now the SD Women's Champ and now their biggest star is on the network TV show.   (Hopefully turning and leading to the 4 Horsewomen feud blowing off at Summerslam.)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Matt D said:

The bloody Becky moment is the best Raw moment since something during the height of the Yes movement, no?

What else even comes close?

22 hours ago, Craig H said:

That's actually a really good question and I don't think anything else does come close. 

MAYBE KO turning on Jericho during the festival of friendship. 

Height of the Yes movement: Daniel Bryan leaving the Wyatt Family taking out Bray Wyatt in January 2014.

Excluding that: Festival of Friendship, nuclear heat for Elias/Kevin Owens and bloody Becky Lynch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Player One said:

He no-showed a AIW show in Cleveland in January 2017 then claimed he was prevented from boarding the plane because of President Trump's new travel policy (?) and the fact  that he had an unpaid speeding ticket (??) and didn't have his passport (???).

It's so preposterous it's almost oddly charming.  If you're going to BS a no-show that's the way to do it.

And regarding what @AxB said I would sure hope nobody watched the Paige video.  But it's quite possible some did and wisely decided not to say anything about it (I really don't wanna know any details)

So much chills on that DBry clip. 

The other day, I was re-watching Kirk Gibson's 1988 home run and loving the fact that Scully knew to shut up and let the moment be. Well, someone told Cole the same thing here. He says almost nothing in 4+ minutes of footage. And you have to hand it to Bryan and Bray - the timing with the crowd was perfect as they stood there and faced off. Wait too long, and the crowd gets bored. Go too soon, and you're not as intense as you could be. Perfect crowd control. 

• Like 2

On 12/28/2018 at 11:53 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

It's so preposterous it's almost oddly charming.  If you're going to BS a no-show that's the way to do it.

And regarding what @AxB said I would sure hope nobody watched the Paige video.  But it's quite possible some did and wisely decided not to say anything about it (I really don't wanna know any details)

I watched the Paige video. I won't share the details here...but I will on my hotline. $1.99 for the first minute, 99 cents each additional minute. Kids under 18, get your parents permission. 1-900-909-9900

• Like 5
  • Haha 12

13 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

My buddies and i met sid outside the Louisville gardens for a wwf show. It was maybe 20 degrees out, sid shows up sweating buckets in a t-shirt and fist bumped us all. It was tremendous

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Since we did the RAW one, might as well do the SDL one

10) Brie Bella potatoing Miz

9) John Cena beating AJ to qualify for Fastlane

8.) New Day beating Bludgeon Brothers for Tag titles

7) Daniel Bryan and Kane hugging

6) Becky destroying Charlotte (This was the time they changed the crowd noise to try and keep Charlotte the face)

5) Rey Myserio Jr's return

4) Daniel Bryan wins the SDL Title

3) Carmella cashes in MITB

2) Evolution reunion - specifically Bautista and HHH's staredown

1) Daniel Bryan announcing he is returning

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil4126 said:

My buddies and i met sid outside the Louisville gardens for a wwf show. It was maybe 20 degrees out, sid shows up sweating buckets in a t-shirt and fist bumped us all. It was tremendous

I mean honestly?
That is EXACTLY how I would want me meeting Sid to go, everytime, always for thre rest of my life

James

• Like 3