DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

With Cena back, I guess they will have him face someone at mania. 

Women Tags better be these versions.

C_K3Dn_XcAA90ov-e1545705627454.jpg

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Is the Native American women really Jewish and from New Jersey?

That would be Princess Victoria (Vickie Otis) and Velvet McIntyre. Victoria is Native American from Portland, Oregon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Web Conn said:

Unfortunately no. I've been to the last four. I can't afford the trip this year. Pissed I'm missing the ROH MSG Show.

I'm doing New Japan/ROH and trying decide which other indies to that weekend. I have no interest in WM.

15 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

While watching (and enjoying) Sid vs Michaels Survivor Series ‘96, I was reading Sid’s wiki page. 

He’s been married to same woman since 1983. Pretty impressive for anyone, especially in this business. 

Anyone interacted with him? Nice guy?

The Master And Ruler Of The World would never break his vows.

21 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Bloodsport.

That's what I'm leaning towards.

17 minutes ago, Peck said:

I know his wedding was way before this era but the thought of Sid entering his reception to his "Psycho" theme fist-bumping guests and yelling "WHO'S THE MAN?" makes me laugh.

If I get married, I'm stealing this. Who cares if nobody else will get it, I'll be entertained.

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Here is the WWE video on Top RAW moments

For those who can't/don't want to watch, the list is

10) Austin stuns the McMahons

9) Elias/KO roast Seattle

8.) The Balor Club (Balor, Anderson and Gallows tagging)

7) Bayley and Sasha Fight (the time that was supposed to be Bayley's heel turn that never happened)

6) The Shield reformation

5) Ultimate Deletion

4) Ambrose turns on Rollins

3) The  RAW Gauntlet match - specifically Rollins wrestling forever

2) Rousey beats up Steph

1) SDL women invasion aka "The Man Comes Around"

I can't stop laughing at Shane's face in that video. He's just hanging out, relaxing, clearly watching his old man getting stunned. Glorious!

So for the last two nights Asuka/Charlotte/Becky has main-evented SDL's house-shows, including tonight's show at Uniondale which also featured a John Cena/Daniel Bryan cage match. Gotta say that WWE is (rightly) committing to presenting its top women as main-eventers.

• Like 2

Stardom would be my first choice too. And I know @J.H. is with us on that.

I really thought about trying to go to out to New York again (I went to 29) but I just can't swing it. At least my Honor Club pre-sale didn't go to waste.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I saw the video so I know what you are talking about. I think (and this is me totally guessing) it is two seperate things

1) The black & white for the blood is just their SOP now.

2) I think the reason it was edited the way it was is because they want the focus to be on Becky and Rousey - if you show the actual punch, I guess they figure you are thinking it was an angle with Nia and they want her to be forgotten in the process. Kinda like they would like you to forget Goldberg's interference when Eddie pinned Brock.

So I don't think it was a don't show the blood AND don't show the punch - they were just two different "policies" that collided in one video

I the problem is without the middle portion, you have no idea what is happening. They could have skipped around showing more of the fight including the punch. Surely they are planning on running a match with Nia. That seems like a given.