DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

16 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Sting was justified, though. He had nothing to prove to WCW, but for the second time in as many years, his loyalty was being questioned. He had every right to say "screw you, you're on your own."

Like I said the issue was not screwing Flair or Luger, who screwed him over in the past. But in this case he was hurting a company who he owed everything to and a loyal fan base. 

So he was justified, more so in 99 when he managed to hurt Flair, Hogan and Bret Hart in one heel turn. I'm a Sting apologist, but this was a period I was less of a fan. 

18 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I kind of thought of it as  Sting wanting to hurt them but as long as Hogan had the belt he could be the one to take it from him.  It was odd how randomly Sting chose his spots though.

As for Luger pops, check the first Clash of the Champions and the tag title win pop. It's huge!

While I get it dramatically, the Uncensored 97 attack was annoying. If he had attacked the nWo during the no dq match, the nWo would have been greatly weakened. 

Unless as you said his greatest motivator was taking the title from Hogan himself. Which is why he did not help Lex in his title win or the rematch. Which makes him a dick. But made Lex suffer for his sins.

Lex, Sting and the Giant all joining the nWo really turned me off of WCW, before the celebrity stuff started. 

9 minutes ago, Victator said:

Lex, Sting and the Giant all joining the nWo really turned me off of WCW, before the celebrity stuff started. 

The Giant joining the nWo was especially bad considering he had already been kicked out for wanting to challenge Hogan. WCW was such a clusterfuck by that point. Hey, how can we drive the nWo into the ground even more? Let's split it into two factions...and we'll put Sting in one of them!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Giant joining the nWo was especially bad considering he had already been kicked out for wanting to challenge Hogan. WCW was such a clusterfuck by that point. Hey, how can we drive the nWo into the ground even more? Let's split it into two factions...and we'll put Sting in one of them!

I didn't mind that in the context that it furthered the story that he was that pissed at Nash that much, he was willing to forgive Hogan, and also forced Sting to take a side.

Wasn't a great story, but realistically, it was a story, and planted the seeds for Show to turn every 6 months for the next 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/23/2018 at 7:56 PM, Captain Kronos said:

I am sure this is been discussed at length, but it’s the first time I’ve noticed it: has Kenny Omega ever admitted to the fact that, from the neck up, he’s cosplaying 1997 Diamond Dallas Page? As I watch this August 4, 1997 episode of Nitro, the resemblance is uncanny.

I have to give Omega major points for getting the hair just right.

Admittedly, I have not seen Kenny since the summer, so he may have cut his hair or something.

I know I was one vid yesterday where he actually did the Diamond Cutter sign.  He's def borrowing from DDP some.

39 minutes ago, alstein said:

I know I was one vid yesterday where he actually did the Diamond Cutter sign.  He's def borrowing from DDP some.

I know he taunted AJ with the crossed-gloves hand sign during and after his being "fired", which looks like a diamond, but is really just borrowed from college football reciever's glove graphics. Maybe that was it?