DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The way Mojo sounds lately, I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for his release.

And honestly, he should. If you believe in yourself that much then you owe it to yourself to get yourself out of WWE and prove your worth to them outside of the company. I don't think Mojo is like Cody or Drew in that regard, but you don't know and he'll never know until he tries.

The upside for him is that he has a business background he can fall back on. I know that having a plan B when it comes to wrestling more often than not prevents you from achieving your plan A of being a wrestler, but it also doesn't hurt to have one.

1 hour ago, The Green Meanie said:

Kevin and Sami were faces when they got injured, right? Those video packages made it seem like they're coming back heel, if so, I'll be disappointed.

They're getting cheered big time when they come back. There's no sense trying to force them as heels if the crowd won't buy it. Let them get cheered and go with it from there. 

Sasha's more likely to ask to be released than she is to given her release in a Spring Cleaning.  And even then, I don't see that happening unless AEW drops a fairly large check and promise to be a feature on her front door.

For comparison - he is the Smackdown roster

MEN

1. Aiden English
  2. AJ Styles
  3. Andrade "Cien" Almas
  4. Daniel Bryan
  5. Jeff Hardy
  6. R-Truth
  7. Randy Orton
  8. Rey Mysterio Jr
  9. Rusev
  10. Samoa Joe
  11. Shelton Benjamin
  12. Shinsuke Nakamura
  13. Sin Cara*
  14. The Miz
  15. Tye Dillinger*
  16. Luke Harper*

WOMEN

1. Asuka
  2. Becky Lynch
  3. Carmella
  4. Charlotte Flair
  5. Lana
  6. Mandy Rose
  7. Naomi
  8. Sonya Deville
  9. Zelina Vega
  10. IIconics (listed here since they are the only women's tag team)

TAGS

1. New Day
  2. The Bar
  3. Colons
  4. Sanity
  5. Usos
  6. Anderson/Gallows

* - injury caveat. I was probably generous in including Dillinger here. Sin Cara just started work at the PC again

I didn't included Shane McMahon since I didn't include Triple H on RAW. Also left off Kane because who the fuck knows.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Good on Dixie for keeping kayfabe in a different company.

Anyone might make waves. Who thought CJ Parker had potential when he left NXT?

I was so upset and irritated that CJ fucking Parker was joining New Japan but he's one of my favourites and has been for about a year. What a transformation. Naylor called that one too.

• Like 1

SDL roster has grown by one (spoiler for another 15 minutes)

Spoiler

Mustafa Ali has been added to the roster permanently 

And the new NXT callups will be split across both brands

Mentally adjust my posts as necessary 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They won't release Sasha she moves merch and is one of the top 3 in-ring women they've ever employed. 

She's not one of the top 3 in ring women they employ right now. Seriously? She's fine. She's not some standard bearer. Holy cow.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

SDL roster has grown by one (spoiler for another 15 minutes)

Reveal hidden contents

Mustafa Ali has been added to the roster permanently 

And the new NXT callups will be split across both brands

Mentally adjust my posts as necessary 

205 Live is WWE purgatory. Mustafa Ali made it to heaven*, while the Lucha House Party are burning in hell.

*NXT is actually WWE heaven, but it doesn't really fit my analogy. Maybe NXT is going to heaven and finding out it's filled with strippers and beer.

4 minutes ago, just drew said:

She's not one of the top 3 in ring women they employ right now. Seriously? She's fine. She's not some standard bearer. Holy cow.

It's not worth it. Just move on with your life.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

205 Live is WWE purgatory. Mustafa Ali made it to heaven*, while the Lucha House Party are burning in hell.

*NXT is actually WWE heaven, but it doesn't really fit my analogy. Maybe NXT is going to heaven and finding out it's filled with strippers and beer.

NXT is kinda like high school. While you’re there, you can’t wait to graduate and move on, but you end up looking back at all the good times you had back then.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I shouldn’t do this...but...can’t...resist............NXT is WWE’s bizzaro world Eddie. 

And I’m not just trying to make that reference , as great and beloved as a lot of gimmicks have been in NXT the transition to WWE is very rough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

NXT is kinda like high school. While you’re there, you can’t wait to graduate and move on, but you end up looking back at all the good times you had back then.

I've never looked back fondly on high school. Of course, nobody realized I was suffering from depression and anxiety and I didn't speak up until I was going into my senior year. My mindset was if I don't tell anyone, I can't get hurt. The best times I had were outside of school, smoking pot and drinking to escape myself. 

I really liked high school. My senior year anyway. That year was the shit. After my dad died the July before school started back up, my whole attitude changed. I wound up running around with a lot of new friends and strengthened the bonds I had with the best friends I still have today. 

Yeah, NXT as high school works for me as an analogy.