DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

For some reason I thought those 6 call ups were all going to RAW and they would announce another batch for SDL. Guess that's not the case. ?‍♂️

I'm just glad I don't have to sit through EC3 snoozers at Full Sail again.

7 minutes ago, Edwin said:

For some reason I thought those 6 call ups were all going to RAW and they would announce another batch for SDL. Guess that's not the case. ?‍♂️

It was confusing

The WWE video just says "coming soon to WWE"

But there were a lot of folks - including the wrestlers themselves - acting like they were all going to RAW

And yeah - I legit forgot Mojo was on the roster until doing that list

And if you think about it from a WrestleMania perspective - that list doesn't count folks like Cena, Taker, the Bellas who just come and go as they please but get matches (and also not including any of the McMahons)

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

It was confusing

The WWE video just says "coming soon to WWE"

But there were a lot of folks - including the wrestlers themselves - acting like they were all going to RAW

I think it has to do with the #RAW being on those tweets where they made the announcement causing the confusion.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

My usual reminders that everything things don't apply to them and will cause me to just say fuck it and burn everything down

- You do not need to reply to every post.

- You do not need to have the last word.

- There is an ignore feature.

So don't say you weren't warned when you get a timeout

We all love you Godking Rippa. Please don't put my head on a stake and make it look like I'm kissing the Natural.

I don’t have a good deal of faith in Mojo’s career trajectory, based on this weeks main event spoilers.

Given Ryder’s friendship with Cody Rhodes and Marty Scuril, I could see him going to AEW. He’s a guy I think could rebuild value if given an opportunity elsewhere. Hawkins too. The Good Brothers could make a good living without going back to Japan at AEW if they supplemented w Indy dates. Bayley, too. 

I could see a pretty substantial exodus if there really is a money backer for AEW. And that wouldn’t be a bad thing.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I would be stunned if they released Sasha. Women’s wrestling is hot right now, the Elite would love a Sasha Banks AKA Sarah Bonds.

I was thinking about that too. There’s no way it will happen, for this very reason, but if Sasha and Bayley went to the “anti-wwe” promotion they would be mega stars. 

3 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

And that's the key: no one who can be a major benefit to another promotion is being released. No Way Jose won't make waves, so him leaving is fine. Only fringe talent is getting a pink slip, if then.

Honestly, that's a related key as well: For the 2010s, there's been good indy promotions, but by and large for the 2010s, the single hottest promotion of this decade would be NXT.

That changes things far more than you think, because quite frankly, PRETTY MUCH ANYONE in the WWE would be a major benefit to another promotion. Either they're a long-term WWE veteran (and enough of a star to make waves), they skipped NXT (and Gallows/Anderson, Mike/Maria Kanellis, or most of 205 Live would be able to make waves if they went back to the indy scene), or they're a former NXT star, and how hot NXT was would allow them to make waves. Yes, No Way Jose wasn't a big star in NXT-  but let the record show, Bull Dempsey and The Legionnaires were worse than No Way Jose, and both guys managed to make at least a ripple on the indy scene after leaving.

That probably says releases would be hard: Pretty much anyone who isn't saying "I'm done with wrestling, release me so I can retire" will make at least a ripple, if not some waves.

So Lars Sullivan tweeted:

"Please spare me any 'congratulations'. Please, give it all to my wonderful NXT colleagues. They are each so talented, and most importantly wonderful human beings. May you all have a blessed day. And a blessed holiday season too!"

And then he tweeted:

"In regards to this tweet, I'm admittedly being insincere. Everyone in NXT can kiss my ass, especially the 5 who stole my thunder. And all of you can kiss my ass. I hope your holidays are as miserable as mine. See you soon, WWE."

And both tweets were deleted...

?

3 minutes ago, Edwin said:

"Please spare me any 'congratulations'. Please, give it all to my wonderful NXT colleagues. They are each so talented, and most importantly wonderful human beings. May you all have a blessed day. And a blessed holiday season too!"

And then he tweeted:

"In regards to this tweet, I'm admittedly being insincere. Everyone in NXT can kiss my ass, especially the 5 who stole my thunder. And all of you can kiss my ass. I hope your holidays are as miserable as mine. See you soon, WWE."

?

Is it possible to count this for the "How not to cut a promo" thread?  Because this is definitely not how you do a promo regardless of the way you're doing it.

9 minutes ago, Edwin said:

And then he tweeted:

?

Sort of reminds me of this

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

So that double turn with Lashley wasn't a double turn?

It was a turn for Lashley - since KO wasn't on TV since you can't say one way or the other

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Mojo is interesting. He seemed to be in line for a good push a couple of times, but they went nowhere with him. He's young, can cut a promo, and has charisma. He does enough in-ring to be viable. He should be in the IC title scene and seeing if he can move up the card. He's the one person who I can see being let go and becoming a star elsewhere if that's what he wants.

Mojo should have stayed in tag teams. Trying to make him a singles guy was a big mistake. 

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Mojo should have stayed in tag teams. Trying to make him a singles guy was a big mistake. 

I disagree. He showed a lot more potential as a heel than a tag guy which he was already pretty decent as. The issue is more that WWE had no real interest in pushing him.

• Like 1

The way Mojo sounds lately, I wouldn't be surprised if he asked for his release.

And honestly, he should. If you believe in yourself that much then you owe it to yourself to get yourself out of WWE and prove your worth to them outside of the company. I don't think Mojo is like Cody or Drew in that regard, but you don't know and he'll never know until he tries.

The upside for him is that he has a business background he can fall back on. I know that having a plan B when it comes to wrestling more often than not prevents you from achieving your plan A of being a wrestler, but it also doesn't hurt to have one.