DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

28 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Except that Jesse Ventura's contentious co-announcing with a clearly contemptuous Vince McMahon on that one RAW that he guest GM'd a few years back pulls it back into a tie!

The Brain out ahead

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Vince is going to name himself Raw GM and we'll get the much anticipated return of the Kiss My Ass club. Its newest inductee will be former Raw GM-elect, Baron Corbin. We'll get the Revival repackaged as border patrol agents taking force against the Lucha House Party. Lars Sullivan, now packaged as a neo-nazi comes to the Revival's aid, curb-stomping LHP in his new Doc Martens with red laces. Lars' finisher is now the homey sock (pool ball in a sock wrapped in tape so it doesn't split when used as a weapon). Having lost the tag titles and raising the ire of the AoP, Drake Maverick now pisses and shits himself out of fear. Bobby Lashley now only moves his ass cheeks as if they're talking. Dean Ambrose will be a half hour away from Oakland's Oracle Arena at ALSAC/St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital mocking Roman Reigns and children with cancer.

Yeah, I think that sounds like a Raw shaken up by Vince.

Add a phoALSAC/St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
  • Haha 5

47 minutes ago, AxB said:

Striking the psychological low of letting your opponent know he hasn't hurt you (as much as he thinks he has, anyway). And possibly not having the physical pressure of your opponent covering you for a second longer than you have to, because Wrestling logic states all contact causes damage..

Still Gordoning, I'd counter that playing possum is the true veteran move. Make your opponent think he's hurt you more than he has. Jim Brown walked back to the huddle after every play looking as if he'd just taken the Death Blow. That way, the opposition could never be sure when he was really hurt.

I have no counter for your other point of impeccable wrestling logic.

What kind of “big shakeup” could they have that gets people talking to the point they’re confident it will turn ratings around?

They can have KO headbutt Vince again.

They can have Vince name Drew McIntyre the chosen one and book him to go over Brock in a Goldberg-esque fashion.

They could finally pull the trigger on a HHH-led NXT faction.

Maybe another meta angle with Vince vs Seth. Another evil boss and faction angle. 

Or some kinda gimmick like Taboo Tuesday but on Raw weekly where the fans pick what they want.  But it's riggered so when it fails, they can say the fans don't know what they want. And go back to the pee jokes era.

They have to end the brand split by the time of the new deals next year, right?

Smackdown Invasion!  Title Unifications!  I'm sure they could get a month of good ratings out of that before they screwed it up.  

1 minute ago, CSC said:

They have to end the brand split by the time of the new deals next year, right?

Smackdown Invasion!  Title Unifications!  I'm sure they could get a month of good ratings out of that before they screwed it up.  

Allegedly, Fox wants the split because they don't want to promote wrestlers on a different channel.

HEY YOUTHS! WHAT COULD BE "COOLER" THAN A 75 YEAR OLD MAN "POPPING OFF" to "SHAKE THINGS UP"????

HOW ABOUT A 75 YEAR OLD MAN "SHAKE RATTLE AND ROLLING" AT THE "SOCK HOP" WITH HIS 45 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!!!!

NO "SQUARES" ALLOWED BECAUSE THIS "GROOVING GRANDPA" REALLY KNOWS HOW TO SWING "WAY OUT THERE!!!!!"

SEE YOU ALL AT THE "DRAG STRIP" DADDIOH!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

37 minutes ago, piranesi said:

HEY YOUTHS! WHAT COULD BE "COOLER" THAN A 75 YEAR OLD MAN "POPPING OFF" to "SHAKE THINGS UP"????

HOW ABOUT A 75 YEAR OLD MAN "SHAKE RATTLE AND ROLLING" AT THE "SOCK HOP" WITH HIS 45 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!!!!

NO "SQUARES" ALLOWED BECAUSE THIS "GROOVING GRANDPA" REALLY KNOWS HOW TO SWING "WAY OUT THERE!!!!!"

SEE YOU ALL AT THE "DRAG STRIP" DADDIOH!!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Was just watching New Japan on AXSTV and the following commercials came on: 

- Kenny Omega-A-Thon (TEN HOURS) airing on AXS December 28th

- WOW (Women of Wrestling) RETURNING IN JANUARY ON AXS

Just so y'all know. One of these I'm super interested in, the other... not so much

You're interested in WoW.

I like Kenny Omega, although I wish he had been around in more in New Japan this year...you know because he's the IWGP heavyweight champion. Ten hours is a lot of anything to watch, regardless of who it is. I'd watch for a few hours.

I just rewatched a "Survivor Series" Elimination Tag which took place in the build-up of Survivor Series 99. It had Austin, Rock, Kane & Shane McMahon vs DX. It was baffling as to how different Shane was booked into the match compared to how he was booked later on. Also baffling: Of the eight wrestlers involved for him to be the "Best in the world" in 2018.

I've sat through hours of '80s NJPW and Puerto Rico and Lucha at a time. But Kenny Omega matches? ...

It will be funny to see him back in the Cleaner days doing comedy and using brooms and cold spray as weapons though

Hmmm, now I'm wondering: is he going to introduce his own marathon? Maybe comment on the matches beforehand? You think they'd let him get that meta?

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The Brain out ahead

Look, I think that Jesse Ventura making WWE commentary not only bearable, but enjoyable in 2008 or whenever it was should count double. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Hmmm, now I'm wondering: is he going to introduce his own marathon? Maybe comment on the matches beforehand? You think they'd let him get that meta?

Didn't the Bucks do that this year/last year?

17 minutes ago, Casey said:

Didn't the Bucks do that this year/last year?

I think either The Elite or the whole BTE crew did for the marathon they did before... The Cow Palace maybe? Wrestle Kingdom? One of those