DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

That's going to be a big problem down the line as it hurts the faces she feuds with since the fans are going to cheer her regardless and it hurts her since she doesn't have a strong heel foil like Austin had with McMahon.  The issue Smackdown has had for ages has been the inequality to the heel-face dynamic where the top 3-4 talents on the table were faces.  Now its even worse with it looking like this... (don't get hung up on the rankings)

1) Becky - Tweener 

2) Asuka - Face

3) Charlotte - Face/Tweener

4) Naomi - Face

5) Carmella - Face

You don't get to spot 6+ until you hit a real heel whichever one you want to put there between the IIconics and former Absolution.  Its' going to be an issue and it needs to be addressed. 

22 minutes ago, Goodear said:

That's going to be a big problem down the line as it hurts the faces she feuds with since the fans are going to cheer her regardless and it hurts her since she doesn't have a strong heel foil like Austin had with McMahon.  The issue Smackdown has had for ages has been the inequality to the heel-face dynamic where the top 3-4 talents on the table were faces.  Now its even worse with it looking like this... (don't get hung up on the rankings)

1) Becky - Tweener 

2) Asuka - Face

3) Charlotte - Face/Tweener

4) Naomi - Face

5) Carmella - Face

You don't get to spot 6+ until you hit a real heel whichever one you want to put there between the IIconics and former Absolution.  Its' going to be an issue and it needs to be addressed. 

Turn Charlotte heel like she should be. Problem solved, for now.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Speaking of Bobbie Heenan clones... Kevin Owens could be a great modern Bobby Heenan if the injuries keep piling up for him. ...And Samoa Joe would be a great Freddie Blassie type.

I'd think what would work better would be turn Joe into Heenan and turn Kevin into Captain Lou.

• Haha 1

The only Bobby Heenan that Graves comes anywhere near is when Bobby just didn't give a fuck in WCW. Graves was really good in nxt and for a while after he got called up. Currently, he flat out sucks. Every Monday, I hope the Renee badgering leads to a kick in the balls.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

Turn Charlotte heel like she should be. Problem solved, for now.

She is one. The attack on Ronda was the start. Becky's return kind of made it official. Similarly Becky at this point is a tweener pushing face.

Graves doesnt even realise that he has taken the bait.

”I can’t go full Heenan because the Boss is watching”

No one wants you to go full Heenan, you nerd, Bobby Heenan already exisited and was awesome enough thank you, what we want is for you to be a better Corey Graves!

• Like 2

You can't be Heenan, because what Heenan did only worked in the 80s era, in the WWF. You can't point out the hypocrisy of the babyfaces in the post-cool heel environment. Doesn't work. 

39 minutes ago, AxB said:

You can't be Heenan, because what Heenan did only worked in the 80s era, in the WWF. You can't point out the hypocrisy of the babyfaces in the post-cool heel environment. Doesn't work. 

Eh, that's more of what Jesse did in commentary.  Heenan was more of the guy who would claim "my monitor must have gone out, I missed that" when a heel would hit a face with a chair.  It was less calling out the good guys and more cheering on the bad ones.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Eh, that's more of what Jesse did in commentary.  Heenan was more of the guy who would claim "my monitor must have gone out, I missed that" when a heel would hit a face with a chair.  It was less calling out the good guys and more cheering on the bad ones.

Exactly... Jesse was the one pointing out the bias, and conspiring by the system for Hulk Hogan. Which is funny because now he lives somewhere in Mexico trying to hide from the US Government.  Who are trying to STOP HIM FROM TELLING THE TRUTH.

Also Ventura > Heenan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1