DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

32 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Bray and Ziggler have scrubbed their accounts - Bray has one teasing a new direction 

They're doing nothing with sanity right? That would be a pretty good pairing. Like it sucks I think the best thing for him is just a Wyatt family redux but they cannot handle booking him as a solo act even when he was WWE champion. Especially when he was WWE champion, actually. 

11 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

They're doing nothing with sanity right? That would be a pretty good pairing. Like it sucks I think the best thing for him is just a Wyatt family redux but they cannot handle booking him as a solo act even when he was WWE champion. Especially when he was WWE champion, actually. 

They have needed to do that for awhile. He should have had Bo as a follower for awhile. 

Hopefully with a new Twitter start he can  avoid bragging about his college football exploits to dweebs who compliment his mistress. 

• Like 1

Speaking of Dolph, my wife was watching one of those MTV "after" shows that looked like a bunch of people fronting each other like the Jerry Springer show or something, and the host of the show was Dolph.

Is he like some hip MTV kid that I'm not aware of? What's the connection?

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Really bad. 

Think of it this way.  He has been on television for more than a decade.  Do you remember him ever saying anything funny?

1 minute ago, Goodear said:

Think of it this way.  He has been on television for more than a decade.  Do you remember him ever saying anything funny?

Not just that, but most comedians I listed to tend to really look down on how bad his material is without mentioning him specifically by name. You can tell who they're talking about though.

The best praise I heard for him was how well he delivered the stuff that was written for him for the latest Roast Battle, but again, that was all written for him. He didn't write any of that.

9 minutes ago, Goodear said:

Hell, we have posters on this board who are way funnier, some even intentionally.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

lol what?! What doctor would clear a 70 year old who was just shitting in a bag like last year? I mean I love Ric Flair and take nothing away from him but come on

Flair is the one claiming he is cleared so take that for what it is worth

• Like 1

You how when a belt design debuts, and you don’t like it at all at first, but then eventually you change your opinion in a positive way after a while? That has never happened with me with the current WWE Tag belts. The plain brand split designs have made them even worse in my eyes. It also doesn’t help that they were inspired by a movie that has aged about as well as a liter of RC Cola.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You how when a belt design debuts, and you don’t like it at all at first, but then eventually you change your opinion in a positive way after a while? That has never happened with me with the current tag team belts WWE Tag belts. The plain brand split designs have made them even worse in my eyes. It also doesn’t help that they were inspired by a movie that has aged about as well as a liter of RC Cola.

I have not liked a set of tag belts since the 2002 SmackDown tags, which I really only liked because they were kind of a modern update on the far superior Reggie Parks versions. 

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Flair is the one claiming he is cleared so take that for what it is worth

Ah that makes sense. I'm out of the loop

14 hours ago, D.Z said:

Ric Flair is cleared to wrestle. Let's have him pin Brock, imagine that.

Flair, Batista and Orton vs New Day at the Rumble. I'm dead serious. Flair gets pinned Batista gets pissed, Batista Bombs Flair, Randy gets pissed RKO's Batista then run Batista vs Randy at Mania. Save H vs Batista for Summerslam when H is healthy.

29 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Flair, Batista and Orton vs New Day at the Rumble. I'm dead serious. Flair gets pinned Batista gets pissed, Batista Bombs Flair, Randy gets pissed RKO's Batista then run Batista vs Randy at Mania. Save H vs Batista for Summerslam when H is healthy.

It's a very cool finish you've come up with, but I'm not sure I personally want to see that match. My butthole would be too clenched waiting for something awful to happen. If hypothetically Flair actually can somehow take a bump, which let's be clear, he shouldn't, then i think the smart move would be to have him do something real simple like eat a few punches from Becky after running out to help Charlotte or something. But knowing he himself said it, it's probably bullshit. He's been saying that since he retired. Lawler and Steamboat almost died in a WWE ring in their 60s, so I just don't see any of this going down.

17 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Them being "starved for content" when they own most of the wrestling libraries in the entire world is laughable. 

Vince doesn’t believe he’s a wrestling promoter, so he branches out into other forms of entertainment to prove to the world he’s more than a wrestling promoter.

...And no matter how many fucking shows that aren’t wrestling he puts on his network, fucking wrestling is still the most watched stuff on there.

• Like 4

The one thing Vince McMahon hates the most is that when he dies, his Obituary will read "Vince McMahon, Wrestling Promoter". He's spent years, decades, millions of dollars trying to do anything he could to make himself primarily renowned for anything but the Professional Wrestling. Hasn't managed it. 

• Like 3