DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I thought of Charlotte too. They’d  probably want to give it to a big star first to establish the tournament, like when Bret won it. But then Vince might be tempted to give it to a lame duck wrestler because it wasn’t “Obvious”. Like watch it end up being Nia Jax, or god forbid fucking Tamina

6 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Mad Queen Nikki Cross could be fun. 

Where is Sanity? 

The showed up at Survivor Series and then vanished again

Nikki Cross has randomly been working both NXT and WWE House Shows (like she teamed with Lana against the IIconics last week)

32 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I thought of Charlotte too. They’d  probably want to give it to a big star first to establish the tournament, like when Bret won it. But then Vince might be tempted to give it to a lame duck wrestler because it wasn’t “Obvious”. Like watch it end up being Nia Jax, or god forbid fucking Tamina

Charlotte is a Queen City, after all.

would they name the Queen of the Ring after Sherri, or does a drug-related death rule that out? 

So this is just pure speculation but AJ, Nakamura and Anderson and Gallows contracts all come up next month.

If this All Elite does have some money behind it, they should make a bid at all four.

If the pay is good and the schedule is light I could see Anderson and Gallows going as they are not doing anything.

Nakamura might go too if they ensure a main event spot as he's kind of just treading water in WWE right now.

AJ would be the longest shot as he just had a year long run as champion but once again if the pay is about the same or a little higher and if the schedule is higher and of he's gonna be in the Main event he might sign with the upstart.

Theoretically Cody, Kenny Omega, AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura is a good start. And your tag scene being anchored by The Good Brothers and The Young Bucks isn't bad either. 

11 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

So this is just pure speculation but AJ, Nakamura and Anderson and Gallows contracts all come up next month.

AJ Styles - April 2019

Anderson & Gallows - Sept 2019

Per PWI

While they all came in at the same time, their deals are not about to come up.  According to multiple sources we have spoken with, Styles' current deal is up in April 2019, so he's got some time left and one would think he and WWE are already discussing a new deal.  As far as the grossly underutilized Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows, we had previously reported their deals were up in the Fall of 2019.  I checked after getting this question and have been told their current deals are up in September 2019.  Hopefully WWE actually does something with them before then!  As far as their futures, at least for most of 2019, it's WWE.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:15 PM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

How are you guys feeling about the name AEW by the way? Im not in love with it as an acronym but if they just call it "All Elite Wrestling" much in the same way as Evolve or Impact then I'd be cool with it

I think the phrase "All Elite" sounds awkward, with those two L-sounds right next to each other. But I sympathize, coming up with a good name for a wrestling promotion at this point is very difficult.

• Like 2

I swear, the rumors about AEW came up and then what followed is who would go and all of a sudden that turned into all the former NJPW guys all have contracts up NOW.

Nothing against anyone here or elsewhere, but it's just funny how that happens.

9 minutes ago, MapRef41N93W said:

I think the phrase "All Elite" sounds awkward, with those two L-sounds right next to each other. But I sympathize, coming up with a good name for a wrestling promotion at this point is very difficult.

Dammit...Now I can't say it without thinking "Alleet Wrestling."

The more I think about the name the more I think it should just be Elite Wrestling or just Elite.

...Elite Championship Wrestling?

Or to be serious, Elite Prize Fighting. Remove wrestling from the name altogether.

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I swear, the rumors about AEW came up and then what followed is who would go and all of a sudden that turned into all the former NJPW guys all have contracts up NOW.

Nothing against anyone here or elsewhere, but it's just funny how that happens.

Hey nothing wrong with hoping for a 2nd national wrestling company that doesn't shit the bed like TNA did. Even if that involves fans fantasy hiring for it.

...And yes I really, really want real competition. Not some McDonald's(WWE) opening up a gourmet burger joint(NXT), and pretending it was competition. 

5 hours ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

Here's a conspiracy theory for you:

All Elite shares the same initials with Alpha Entertainment, Vince's new privately held company for the new XFL.  A sign Vince is secretly funding it?

Nah, it's clearly the NFL funding All Elite Wrestling. The XFL has them shook so this is them using one of their owners to get back at Vince.

Sullivan was booking in those years. I would still pick Dusty for late 91 and all of 92. I think the key to the success of WCW when Sullivan was booking is the Turner people were not interfering and Bischoff was not sabotaging the shows like Jim Herd did. At least not until 1998.