DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] NXT 12/12/18 (Taped 11/28)

RIPPA

In theory - stuff could air out of order but they haven't done that in awhile. Tapings go through the end of the year.

Per PWI

Spoiler

Week 2:

- EC3 def. Bobby Fish.

Post match: Undisputed Era attacks EC3 until Heavy Machinery makes the save.

- Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch def. The Mighty.

- "Number 1 Contender Fatal 4 Way" Qualifying match: Mia Yim def. Reina Gonzalez

- NXT North American Championship: Ricochet def. Tyler Breeze

Per WON

Spoiler

- EC3 defeated Bobby Fish (w/ The Undisputed Era)

EC3 used a roll-up to steal the win before Undisputed Era jumped him. Heavy Machinery made the save and cleaned house.

- Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch defeated The Mighty (Shane Thorne & Nick Miller)

This was a fast-paced match with them slugging it out before Lorcan and Burch put Thorne down with the DDT.

- Mia Yim defeated Reina Gonzalez

Yim hit Seoul Food to get the win.

- NXT North American Champion Ricochet defeated Tyler Breeze to retain his title

It had been announced that Ricochet would face a surprise opponent -- and the place lit up for Breeze's music. There were chants throughout for both wrestlers being gorgeous and finally the match being gorgeous. Ricochet retained with the Cradle Shock.

Spoiler

1-2/the Mighty was easily my favorite match from this batch. The Mighty aren't particulary great, but 1-2 are easily one of the best acts on the roster and got a really fun match out of them.

There were some odd botches during EC3/Fish, namely on a backdrop and Fish got his neck caught on the top rope running the ropes which seemed pretty brutal.

• 2 weeks later...

Man did that Fish/EC# match have a lot of edits. Breeze/Ricochet was a nice match.

I saw Dakota/Kairi vs. Jess/Marina in Milwaukee and it was fun 5ish minute match I would assume the match aganist Dakota/Io will be something similar.

Really enjoyed Mighty vs. Lorcan/Burch II. Stuff like this match makes me a little disappointed the the tag titles are pretty much owned by UE right now.

Breeze/Ricochet was good and makes me so disappointed the NA belt didn't exist when Breeze was in NXT. He would have had such a good run with it back then.

• 4 weeks later...

I know he didn't work other NXT tapings recently but I don't know why Tyler couldn't work in NXT for a couple months.  I don't believe Fandango is coming back real soon in the ring.  They aren't doing anything at all with him on the main roster except be a jobber.  

• Like 1