DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Man's World 11/27/18

Niners Fan in CT

36 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I liked the show.  Becky brought up everything she had been saying about Flair on Twitter this past week.   Asuka added to a triple threat TLC is great.  

Anyone else noticing how over Asuka has been the last few weeks?   Somehow she has regained some steam.  

Asuka has that Finn Balor ability. They can and have been booked like shit, yet they remain over as hell. I really liked the battle royal coming down to Asuka and Sonya. Both Sonya and Mandy have improved dramatically since they first came up.

So, I guess Big Show is a face again. By my tally, that's 4,357 turns for him. 

I love Samoa Joe going CM Punk on Jeff Hardy. I was waiting for "straight-edge means I'm better than you".

The best part about Smackdown? It's not Raw.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

On one hand, Becky/Charlotte/Asuka TLC sounds amazing.

On the other, welcome back from concussion protocol, now fall off a ladder!

Concussion protocol?  Big Show knocked out Cesaro before the show and the WWE let him wrestle that evening.!

• Haha 10

Good show overall, but something Paige said in her promo bugged me. She talked about how Becky and Charlotte are the ones to show true desire for the SDL women. And I was like HUH? So the other women don't care and are somehow worthless? They had Naomi and Mandy make note of it and that's good. But it's such a stupid thing to have Paige say in her position. Like why would the others want to work for her if her opinion of them is that low?

A small detail, but it bothered me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Good show overall, but something Paige said in her promo bugged me. She talked about how Becky and Charlotte are the ones to show true desire for the SDL women. And I was like HUH? So the other women don't care and are somehow worthless? They had Naomi and Mandy make note of it and that's good. But it's such a stupid thing to have Paige say in her position. Like why would the others want to work for her if her opinion of them is that low?

I was at work, so I didn't watch, but I read the recap on Reddit - did Mandy Rose really bring up Team PCB in relation to GM Paige "always giving opportunities" to her old teammates instead of her most recent ones (Absolution)? If so, that's a nice little line of continuity, I like it.

That line in the Paige promo doesn't make much sense, but it was obviously only scripted so all the faces and heels could come out and complain about that particular line to set up the battle royal later in the night. Chalk it up to lazy writing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I certainly agree (except I wouldn't say it's small), but the company won't care. They only have the capacity to care about a few stars at a time. It's the same company that had the entire roster go on strike except the very few "important people". Then proceeded to bury everyone except those most important people. I think it was over Miz and R-Truth attacking people or something. Maybe I'm remembering wrong...

It was a good show though. Especially after the horrendous Raw from the prior night.

• Like 3

Usos vs. The Bar was fun.

I'm actually enjoying the stuff with Miz trying to force a team with Shane.

I dug the opening promo with all of the women, and love Asuka getting added to the ladder match. I hope Asuka wins while Ronda tries to fuck over both Becky and Charlotte at TLC.

Samoa Joe going after Jeff CM Punk style was interesting.

This was a nice show to wash away the mediocrity that was last night's Raw.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

Usos vs. The Bar was fun.

I'm actually enjoying the stuff with Miz trying to force a team with Shane.

I dug the opening promo with all of the women, and love Asuka getting added to the ladder match. I hope Asuka wins while Ronda tries to fuck over both Becky and Charlotte at TLC.

Samoa Joe going after Jeff CM Punk style was interesting.

This was a nice show to wash away the mediocrity that was last night's Raw.

Mediocrity is being really generous. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I think that line also shows Paige's blindspot to wrestlers she can related to. With Charlotte, she relates to being from a wrestling family and with Becky, she came up in the UK wrestling scene with her. So she's always going to be partial to her PCB sisters. The fact that no one else glossed over it (except Becky, which is intersting) was good.

What will make that line more interesting is after Wrestlemania when Becky and Charlotte are likely out of the Smackdown Women's Division picture and she can't rely on those two women to be the leader for Smackdown.

17 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

So, Charlotte loses definitively to The Man, and then loses her match at Survivor Series, but still gets handed another women's title match? Never stop booing this woman.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

So, Charlotte loses definitively to The Man, and then loses her match at Survivor Series, but still gets handed another women's title match? Never stop booing this woman.

Reminds of when Batista kept getting title shots vs. Edge back in 2007.  And I'm pretty sure Edge won clean a couple of those times, as well.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 3:39 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Asuka has that Finn Balor ability. They can and have been booked like shit, yet they remain over as hell. I really liked the battle royal coming down to Asuka and Sonya. Both Sonya and Mandy have improved dramatically since they first came up.

Same for Becky Lynch before her rise as the hottest star in WWE. Rusev also.

• Like 1