DVDVR Message Board

TUF 28: Heavy Hitters — Team Whittaker vs. Team Gastelum Finale (11/30/2018) - Las Vegas, NV (Pearl Theatre)

Elsalvajeloco

3 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Shevchenko looked great I hope they try to do that match with Evans-Smith in the Future. 

I would give her C or C+ at best. She looked better as the fight progressed, but she looked very awkward and off balance. I hate to overuse the word "crisp" like Dave Meltzer, but none of her strikes look crisp or look like she was punching through the target. She did what she needed to do to win, but I wasn't overly impressed. After seeing her on DWTNCS and last night, I would worry about her facing more powerful kickboxers who can get past the reach. Plus, she has her chin in up the air. It would different if she was 24, but she's 34. If she has to learn on the job at that age, it has to come together quickly for her to make a legit run.

Plus she's in the same weight division as her sister, so if Valentina wins the title, presumably the only career option available to Antonina is 'gatekeeper'.