DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

For my money, I can't think of two bigger juice heads who eve clashed, more than Warlod and Davey Boy. They were both cartoon huge.

Sid vs the Nightstalker (bryan clark) on a Clash of the Champions

Hogan v Warrior?

I was going to say Hogan vs.Sid but Hogan had shrunk considerably by '92.  (Though not nearly as much as he did in '93.)

About how much are folks asking for per magazine.Do you have the one with Giant on the cover? They did a piece about Liger/SOnny Onno and how he thought Liger was a loser. That was the only one I had

Depends. Some guys have random lots that are fair priced, couple of them sell single issues for $9.99 a pop.Anything beyond $4 an issue is too much for me.

The feud that would not end in 1991.

I used to have a Warlord tribute page on Geocities back when I was in college in the late 90's. It was intended as a joke but I actually got a few legit emails from Warlord fans and got an email from a guy named Chasyn Rance that Warlord wrestled at a Florida Indie show. Sadly it's down now but I got the html and all that before Geocities shut down.
I'm almost tempted to not tell you what became of Chasyn to not ruin your fond memory. Almost.

Registered sex offender for having sex with a teenage girl.

I used to have a Warlord tribute page on Geocities back when I was in college in the late 90's. It was intended as a joke but I actually got a few legit emails from Warlord fans and got an email from a guy named Chasyn Rance that Warlord wrestled at a Florida Indie show. Sadly it's down now but I got the html and all that before Geocities shut down.
I'm almost tempted to not tell you what became of Chasyn to not ruin your fond memory. Almost.

That sucks. I also remembered he was on that VH1 show "Tool Academy".

That sucks. I also remembered he was on that VH1 show "Tool Academy".And now his girlfriend is one of the hottest girls in Indy wrestling. Life ain't fair.

Honestly I don't know who's in this pic, but I love this spot.

Posted Image

Thats got to be daisuke sekimoto as the big spoon right?

And the little spoon is the Naomichi Marufugi?

Yep and Takaiwa's the meat in the sandwich. It's from a Real Japan show last year Tiger Mask/Marufuji vs Sekimoto/Takaiwa

One of Sekimoto's trademark spots.

Posted Image

Cool spot and all but it really makes no sense in any type of tag matches.

Sure it does - it's like suplexing or slamming your partner onto others. Takaiwa couldn't secure the German, so Sekimoto lent a hand. It's a risky investment since it takes so much out of the middle guy, but I'm pretty sure Marufuji took the most impact from that.

Cool spot and all but it really makes no sense in any type of tag matches.

Sure it does - it's like suplexing or slamming your partner onto others. Takaiwa couldn't secure the German, so Sekimoto lent a hand. It's a risky investment since it takes so much out of the middle guy, but I'm pretty sure Marufuji took the most impact from that.
But why wouldn't one just help their partner by turning it into a double backdrop suplex and not hurt their teammate at all?