DVDVR Message Board

RDR2 ONLINE

RIPPA

Played for a few minutes post update. Looks like they fixed NPC spawns without fixing animal spawns. 

Also they fixed egret plume selling but fucked up herons.  No idea what else they did because nothing else showed up

varmint still works on birds though, which is nice.  

• 3 weeks later...

I've probably played this the most of anybody on the XBOX side, but I haven't touched it in weeks and don't feel any sort of pull to go back to it, if I ever think about it at all.

They've screwed this one up completely, to the point where's the situation probably isn't recoverable.  Online's been out, what 4 months now?  I imagine a lot of folks have moved on, and ain't coming back.  There's still only one thing to do, and they made that worse with their big update.

I've probably played this the most of anybody on the XBOX side, but I haven't touched it in weeks and don't feel any sort of pull to go back to it, if I ever think about it at all.

They've screwed this one up completely, to the point where's the situation probably isn't recoverable.  Online's been out, what 4 months now?  I imagine a lot of folks have moved on, and ain't coming back.  There's still only one thing to do, and they made that worse with their big update.

I agree with you, and it's sad. If they ever roll out deathmatches, gang hideouts, and poker (or hell, just one of the above), I'll probably check it out - but like you said, I haven't felt the desire to go back once they screwed up hunting. That was barely keeping me signing on as it was. Getting to play with you guys was the main thing.

Robert already knows because he, Melraz, and I have been playing Borderlands 2.

Mel and I played that on PS3 ages ago, and played it a long damn time. My point is that's how screwed up RDRO is. We went out and bought something we already owned on another system that's seven years old because we knew it would be guaranteed fun. Light years opposite of Red Dead.

• Like 1

We already do in BL2.  You don't technically have to play as a geeky teenage girl with a crush on Sir Hammerlock, but it's highly recommended.  I'm sure BL3 will happen as well.  You can laugh at my comical inability to stay alive more than 3 seconds at a time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ARISE, YE THREAD

Got an email that there were some Sadie missions online, so I figured I'd dust off the game and try it out. I'm sure she's coming soon, but it was a four man "capture two wagons and bring them back mission" with Sadie nowhere in sight. Unless I just chose the wrong story mission...even though it was the only one I saw on the map...thanks, Rockstar.

I then did a gun rush or whatever the name was. 26 people on two teams. I think the score ended up being around 5-60, and I got 3 of those 5 so.....yeah, back to Borderlands unless anyone reaches out to want to play.

Edited by RUkered
  • Like 1

The Sadie/jake Adler missions are located up in their cabin up in colter.

there are also black belle missions now.

like all the stranger missions, they are just there to give you the missions, not participate in them. 

Edited by odessasteps

3 hours ago, RUkered said:

ARISE, YE THREAD

Got an email that there were some Sadie missions online, so I figured I'd dust off the game and try it out. I'm sure she's coming soon, but it was a four man "capture two wagons and bring them back mission" with Sadie nowhere in sight. Unless I just chose the wrong story mission...even though it was the only one I saw on the map...thanks, Rockstar.

I then did a gun rush or whatever the name was. 26 people on two teams. I think the score ended up being around 5-60, and I got 3 of those 5 so.....yeah, back to Borderlands unless anyone reaches out to want to play.

There are 3 online story missions as well, probably for both good and bad karma, or whatever they call it. melraz and I did the 3 good guy ones.  They were ok, as Rockstar online missions go.  Not gonna drag me back into the game long term, or anything.

Online seems to have calmed down.  We ran into a bunch of dots, and nobody shot anybody.

Noticed they removed people's levels from the player list, which is kind of clever.  Interested if they'll do that for the next GTA.  At the least, if would save me from saying to myself "aw crap, he's a level 5" after I kill a dot 46 times in a row.

5 hours ago, jstout said:

That was always one of my favorite GTA activities - "OK, level 20 near the beach, this guy's part of a motorcycle gang, this guy's going to get a jet, I betcha." Directing traffic. 

Looks like I’m just dumb and the levels are still there.  Dunno why I couldn’t find em the other night

4 hours ago, Robert C said:

Looks like I’m just dumb and the levels are still there.  Dunno why I couldn’t find em the other night

There are so many glitches right now, very possibly they disappeared for you.

The stranger missions not working is a huge pain in the rear. 

Apparently if you enable 2-step verification on your Social Club account before May 27 you will get 10 free gold bars and a Raccoon Hat

That seems odd. I didn’t hear about it until the otherday, maybe after that deadline and I got my 10 gold bars today.

also, every time I’ve logged in lately, I’ve gotten a feee gold bar for this or that.

finally got to level 25 to get my second holster. 

I finally jumped back on for a little while this weekend because melraz told me that poker was finally back.

I had been gifted some potent bitters and one gold bar. Oooooooh, thanks Rockstar. Let me put that in the pile with the rest of my "haven't spent a dime yet" gold.

• Like 1