DVDVR Message Board

2018 NCAAF: CONF. CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

Dolfan in NYC

And it's the final week.  Let's hit the MATCH-UPZ~!

For the SEC Championship

#1 giphy.gif 

versus

#4 giphy.gif

For the B1G Championship:

#6 giphy.gif

vs

#21 giphy.gif

For the ACC Championship

#2 giphy.gif

vs. 

UR giphy.gif

For the Big 12 Championship:

#5 giphy.gif

vs. 

#9 giphy.gif

FOR THE AAC CHAMPIONSHIP:

#7 giphy.gif

vs.

UR giphy.gif

Those are the ones that matter.  N*tre D*me is basically locked into a playoff spot unless something absolutely insane happens like Alabama losing by 1 and Ohio State or Oklahoma winning by 100. 

Pat Forde brings up an interesting if unlikely hypothetical. What if Texas, Northwestern and Memphis all pull upsets, and Bama annihilates Georgia?

3 loss Texas? Michigan coming off being beaten down hideously? Keep one of Ohio State or Oklahoma with two loses and no title? Georgia to immediately get curb stomped again? 

A week ago, there was a legit chance we could have ended up with as many as 8 teams with at least a decent claim. Now we could honestly end up with only 3. Not likely, but I enjoy my what it's.

Well Oklahoma did their part beating Texas.   And their defense was actually decent which I always thought was a negative for them getting in.  Now the questions are:

1.  How bad does Ohio State have to beat Northwestern?

2.   How good does Georgia have to win/lose against Alabama to say #4.  

The top 3 spots are already decided.  I don't see Clemson losing and Alabama could lose to 80 and still be #4

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Memphis putting a beating on Central Florida in the 1st half.  Of course they UCF lost their starting QB so they were probably in trouble going into the game

You left out that it was also one of the most horrific injuries in recent memory. Anyone thinking of pulling a Nelson Muntz here (and you know there are scumbag fans of power schools out there who will) should go do the world a favor and die.

• Like 1

Bama/UGA feels a little like Bama/Florida 09 right now.  UGA has clearly been preparing for this game all year and just seems to want it more than Bama.

Bama is very fortunate this is only a one score game at the half.

11 minutes ago, EVA said:

Bama/UGA feels a little like Bama/Florida 09 right now.  UGA has clearly been preparing for this game all year and just seems to want it more than Bama.

Bama is very fortunate this is only a one score game at the half.

Not to mention getting a touchdown instead of a fumble lost up UGA.