DVDVR Message Board

2018 - 2019 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Brian Fowler

As far as I can tell - current vacancies (with more to come)

• Louisville
  • North Carolina
  • Texas Tech
  • Charlotte
  • Western Kentucky
  • UMASS
  • Bowling Green
  • Central Michigan
  • Colorado
  • Texas State
  • Maryland

2 hours ago, EVA said:

North Carolina hired Mack Brown lolololololol

Supposedly not finalized, but yeah. With our shit record since the end of 2016 and Fedora apparently burning bridges with NC high school football coaches, Mack is probably the most sure thing to right the ship for a few years. At this point, UNC would kill to have his worst years at Texas.

Well, UNC isn't getting the talent he got at Texas. And by all appearances, the game had badly passed him by before he left.

But I guess this is a splashy, notable hire to keep boosters sending checks.

It's funny, usually by this time of the year, I've heard about several hot coordinators and smaller school head coaches that everyone wants, but there hasn't been much chatter yet as far as I've seen.

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Well, UNC isn't getting the talent he got at Texas. And by all appearances, the game had badly passed him by before he left.

But I guess this is a splashy, notable hire to keep boosters sending checks.

There’s sufficient talent in the Carolinas and Virginia for UNC to win the conference, and he recruited well when he was here before.  Also, the plan seems to be to bring in high end coordinators as wel, so that helps with the in-game coaching. Gene Chizik is rumored for DC and App State’s coach is rumored for OC/Associate HC.

If they take Hamilton, can we have Kliff Kingsbury?

(Also, hiring Michigan's offensive coordinator right after a scandal firing of Michigan's former defensive coordinator would be pretty weird.)

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

If they take Hamilton, can we have Kliff Kingsbury?

(Also, hiring Michigan's offensive coordinator right after a scandal firing of Michigan's former defensive coordinator would be pretty weird.)

I don't care in the least about Michigan football outside of hoping they defeat the forces of evil that are Ohio State and Penn State, but please, please, please make this happen.  I didn't know I needed a Harbaugh/Kingsbury pairing in my life till now. 

On 11/29/2018 at 11:59 AM, EVA said:

Mack Brown is hiring fellow senior citizen Greg Robinson to be his DC.  North Carolina football is turning into a retirement home.

It was as co-DC along with Tommy Thigpen, but either the deal wasn’t actually done or the boosters objected because now the hire isn’t happening. 

Tim Brewster is on staff now as an assistant/recruiting coordinator, and Dre Bly is DBs coach.