DVDVR Message Board

NXT UK TAKEOVER: Blackpool (01/12/19)

RIPPA

5 hours ago, OSJ said:

I don't know how many times I've said this, but it never fails to amaze me how good the supposed minor leagues (NXT, NXT-UK and 205 Live) are and how badly the main product sucks. 

Same goes for the championships, all the NXT titles look great unlike the main roster. Only main roster designs I like: the Intercontinental Championship and the Tag Team Titles.

I really enjoyed the show; thought the main event was great (although as my esteemed colleague pointed out, it could have been a little shorter,) loved how everything seemed like a struggle.

Zack Gibson is such a knob. Wonderful stuff. Shame I have a deep seated hatred of moustaches, otherwise I'd be quite into Seven and Bate.

Is Toni Storm really the best female face in Britain? Jeez, she needs to work on some of her expressions.

Speaking of which, Eddie Dennis needs to lay off the gurners, too. Fun garbage match with a MAXIMUM FATNESS finish. 

The Balor match was what it was. The crowd were hot for it, and that's really all that mattered for the second match on the card.

• Like 1

God damn that tag match was great. It's a good thing they subbed Finn in, cause no way Discount Finn and Bargain Rate Glacier were gonna follow that.

Women's match was great. Main was really long, too long, but at times it was fantastic. Hoss brawl was a hoss brawl.

Pete Dunne vs WALTER should be all kinds of fucking awesome at the next UK Takeover.

I hope once Triple H had four or five of these things up and running, they treat the NXT championship like the old NWA title, and each brand has its own top title but once or twice a year the NXT champ comes to town.

• Like 1

Dave Mastiff has easily the best cannonball/butt splash to the corner in the business.  Most guys aren't really trying to hit you.  Hell most of the time it seems like it hurt them move than the person in the corner.  Dave starts jumping from the middle of the ring and launches into you like a missile.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Natural said:

DwyM0LPWsAA2kH0?format=jpg&name=900x900

DwyM0LOWsAATOKr?format=jpg&name=900x900

I loved the ode to the Bulldogs, and Nigel mentioning them by name during MM's entrance.

I'm going to finish watching the show today. I left off after Balor/Devlin. I started watching rather late in the night.

I love English crowds. Most of the time I'm not sure what they're chanting, but they're having ball and it looks like it would be fun to be part of. Maybe @TheNatural can answer this for me. What was with the crowd holding up a shoe? It led to a great Nigel quip about being surprised most of these people have shoes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What was with the crowd holding up a shoe? It led to a great Nigel quip about being surprised most of these people have shoes.

I don't quite know the origin, but the song is "Shoes off, if you hate Gibson" to tune of Go West.

• Thanks 1

This is the best SubBrand of WWE right now, one of the best things about NXT UK is that there is no factory WWE talent on this show atleast not till they start bringing guys up from the Performance Center. I think this is overall my favorite TakeOver. Dunne vs Coffey was insane as was Storm vs Ripley and BSS vs MM.  After seeing this show, I want to start watching the weekly tv. The fact that I'm least familiar with the British guys and I'm the most enthralled with this brand says alot.

• Like 3