DVDVR Message Board

NXT UK TAKEOVER: Blackpool (01/12/19)

RIPPA

14 hours ago, hammerva said:

Now if you are saying that you don't see how WALTER fits on the overall show, jesus christ watch him wrestle and them imagine him in the ring with guys like Pete Dunne and Dave Mastiff.  He is the ultimate HOSS 

Re-read that honey:

19 hours ago, Edwin said:

I don't see how WALTER fits on THIS show...

THIS == NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool, not NXT UK itself.

So I guess we aren't going to lock this during the show.  

While I am glad we are seeing the teacher in Finn Balor vs the student Jordan Devlin right now, someone needs to explain to me why everyone in beating up Travis Banks in the back.  Gallus destroyed him and now Jordan Devlin destroyed him.  He hasn't even had a strong showing on the TV shows to justify this.

Not sure why I didn't notice before but having the camera bounce every time Dave Mastiff jumps is a hell of a nice touch ?

Jazzy Gabert and Kay Lee Ray added to the women's division.   Great additions

Yeah Toni winning back the title is bullshit to me.  The future is definitely on Ripley for me 

• Like 1

Dark match results -- possibly spoilers for the upcoming episodes:

Spoiler

El Liger def. Saxon Huxley

Jinny def. Isla Dawn

European Union def. Mark Andres and Flash Morgan Webster

1 minute ago, Marty Sugar said:

Could this have something to do with Ripley's rather ignorant comments towards Toni's social media woes?

Don't think so. Had she gotten heat over that, they would have most likely had her delete it.

WALTER getting his original entrance music (or damn near close to it) makes it even more awesome. 

Dunne vs Coffey was pretty good but way too long for me and way way too many kicking out of finishers. I mean even Pete Dunne's finisher was extremely protective and that was not the case today

Just now, Edwin said:

Don't think so. Had she gotten heat over that, they would have most likely had her delete it.

Plus she put out all the tweets about taking pleasure in Tegan Nox's injury so that's obviously within her character to be a jerk face.

30 minutes ago, hammerva said:

WALTER getting his original entrance music (or damn near close to it) makes it even more awesome. 

I was really pleased with that too. I know Dvořák has been dead for over a century—so no rights issues—and Bryan got a Wagner remix, but you never know.

I thought the tag title and UK title matches were the best matches on the show.

The rest was OK, but nothing mind blowing. I like Toni, but her matches feel repetitive after a while.

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Yeah Toni winning back the title is bullshit to me.  The future is definitely on Ripley for me  

Haven't seen  the show yet, but this isn't too surprising. Ripley only won the belt to build her rep off of what happened with Tegan initially. Who knows when Tegan returns, and Ripley herself is technically a part of regular NXT/PC. Don't think she had even done shows in the UK before the the title tournament. Wouldn't shock me if she is top female heel for regular NXT post Shayna. Also Toni wa snever champ. Rhea was the first and only champ before now.

15 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Walter looked like a gazillion Deutschmarks during his appearance.  Can't wait for him vs. Dunne.

[pedantry]schilling, or euro these days[/pedantry]

I really wish they'd called this promotion NXT Europe rather than UK, and toured the continent.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Ripley oozes star power. She’s got presence that makes her seem a foot taller than she actually is. 

Conversely, Eddie Dennis works the opposite way.

• Like 2