DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

They do currently have a stack of Brits.Regal, Barrett, Danny Burch, PAC, Oliver Grey, Paige. I might even be missing a couple. What a crazy deep roster.

McIntyre, Layla, Mason Ryan.

Going through the Wiki I forgot that Norman Smilley, Robbie Brookside and Finlay could be thrown in there as well!

Read something on one of the "dirt" sites that an idea being passed around for Wade Barrett is repackaging him as "Bad News" Barrett. I'm all for that if he shaves his head, grows the beard, wears all black with a single glove, and gains about a 50 pound ponch

Another must: he'd have to refer to the fans as "beer-bellied sharecroppers."

And perpetually sound like Dr. Teeth.

I'm now forever going to be disappointed that Sheamus isn't part of a new APA team. And while I like the idea of teaming Sheamus and Barrett, I'm more on board with teaming up Sheamus and Titus.

I hate how non-developed the character of Alberto Del Rio is.  

How about a bunch of vignettes for Alberto Del Rio, "The Most Interesting Man in ... Sports Entertainment!"

"He once fought an MMA match in Japan ... while wearing a mask!"

"He has two faces... literally."

"He once started a fight in a bar ... the night before a title defense at Summerslam!"

• Like 4

Wade and Drew were tag champs in FCW, so that'd be another potential United Kingdom duo. Only problem is that would break up 3MB.

Well, he was suspiciously absent on Monday, when Jinder & Heath wrestled the Matadors and his last tweet was:

Drew McIntyre ‏@TheDrewMcIntyre 28 Sep WWE gives me unique opportunity to feel like working territories, first Mid South as Chosen One, Memphis madness with 3MB,wonder what's next

TNA as Drew Galloway
  • Like 2

Barrett and Sheamus as rowdy drunks watching footy and winning head butting competitions in exchange for bar tabs is a tremendous idea. Replace Sheamus with another Brit and give them Vindaloo as a theme song.

About a month ago I mentioned my wish to see a Wade Barrett/Danny Burch hooligan tag team. I still harbour that desire.
  • Like 1

Barrett & Sheamus: The Hooligans.  Put them with Finlay as a mouthpiece, and with Hornswoggle to take bumps like KeMonito or Mije, and you have a winning team.  That is an fn license to print money.  "We're from Brittan, and we like to fight". 

I hate how non-developed the character of Alberto Del Rio is.  

How about a bunch of vignettes for Alberto Del Rio, "The Most Interesting Man in ... Sports Entertainment!"

"He once fought an MMA match in Japan ... while wearing a mask!"

"He has two faces... literally."

"He once started a fight in a bar ... the night before a title defense at Summerslam!"

That is amazing. 

• Like 1

Where is all the "turn The Shield" talk coming from? Why would that make sense or be a good idea?

The Shield can turn on HHH and stay heel pretty easily.
I don't think that's true at all, but even if it were: why? How many full-time main event level heels are there outside of Orton?

Where is all the "turn The Shield" talk coming from? Why would that make sense or be a good idea?

The Shield can turn on HHH and stay heel pretty easily.
I don't think that's true at all, but even if it were: why? How many full-time main event level heels are there outside of Orton?

I hope the cuurent main angle remains hot when Sheamus returns, as he would be a natural to turn heel and join HHH's group. Although damn, that would temporarily rule out Jae's new APA. Of course, Sheamus and Barrett could be the corporate version of the APA.

I have a confession: I don't see what the deal is with Chris Hero/Kassius Ohno. He's not impressive ringwork wise, and I don't see anything in his personality that says "dollar signs." Someone help me...

• Like 1

Bad News Barrett is a bit for the JBL & Cole Show.  The one I saw had Josh Mathews telling Kaitlyn he was thinking of doing some male modeling but Bad News Barrett interrupted and gave him the bad news that Mathews could never be a male model because his face was too weird.

Speaking of male models, I think they should put Tyler Breeze and Justin Gabriel together as a heel tag team.

And I don't know why you guys are putting Sheamus in a tag team.  His promos are lame but that's the price to pay to be a top WWE babyface and he was over with the WWE Universe.