DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

In case anyone cares, here's what's going on with TNA TV.

Talent were told they would be working Orlando, Florida tapings on 11/21-11/23 and that dates were also being locked in for December tapings also in Orlando.

While TNA will be returning to Universal Studios, the word we are hearing is that it will not be the same Soundstage that housed the Impact Zone, but a different space. One would be smaller length-wise but be a wider space on the inside.

In case anyone cares, here's what's going on with TNA TV.

Talent were told they would be working Orlando, Florida tapings on 11/21-11/23 and that dates were also being locked in for December tapings also in Orlando.

While TNA will be returning to Universal Studios, the word we are hearing is that it will not be the same Soundstage that housed the Impact Zone, but a different space. One would be smaller length-wise but be a wider space on the inside.

Posted Image

?

or...

Posted Image

• Like 1

In regards to Ultramantis Black, he has been in bands in the Lehigh Valley/Philly punk scene forever. I haven't seen him do it in a while, but he used to play solo acoustic shows in street clothes and his mask every once in a while.

Edit: my phone autocorrecting punk to pink is probably the least punk thing ever.

• Like 1

a, What is the best Survivor Series team?

But my favorite visual team of all time has to be this one:

Posted Image

And you've got to love this MANLY LOOKING TEAM:

Posted Image

It's a damn shame neither of those teams actually happened.

OK I remember why there was a change on Andre's team (Tully leaving) but I don't even remember the Berzerker/Skinner/Busick/Shiek team ever happening. And who the hell was the captain? Of them all, Berzerker would have probably been the most over at the time (Shiek is in his Col. Mustafa gear) but I can't remember (or even imagine) who they would have been facing and why storyline-wise (as again, none of them would have HAD storylines going save for maybe Berzerker).

Busick ended up being replaced by Hercules.  Their opponents were Slaughter, Duggan, Santana, and Von Erich.  Even at the time it seemed like there was no rhyme or reason to the teams (other than Slaughter and Duggan being a semi-regular team).  None of the babyfaces were eliminated.

I think Berzerker was originally the captain, but once Slaughter joined the face side, Mustafa was promoted to captain.  Busick left and was replaced by Hercules.  They faced Slaughter, Duggan, Kerry Von Erich, and Tito Santana (replacing Ricky Steamboat.) 

EDIT:  Dammit.

Posted Image

I liked that Brock Lesnar, a dude who never needed any backup, assembled an utterly ridiculous team of monsters. I thought at this stage that Matt Morgan was on course to be a decent big guy (before he decided to wrestle like any other schmoe), and even though Nathan Jones was pretty ropey, dude has a ton of physical charisma and intensity. Show and Tensai both rule. I can't find any pics of Team Lesnar standing in the ring but there was a Smackdown where they lined up while Heyman cut a promo and they looked like the baddest dudes in the world.

I'd forgotten how good the team they faced was. Angle, Bradshaw, Hardcore Holly, that dude and Cena. That's a pretty badass team in 2003. I'd also forgotten that joining Angle's team was Cena's face turn that has lasted to this day.

I think the official turn was the end of the match, Benoit made (whoever) tap out, he and Cena were the winners and they shook hands even though they teased Cena hitting him.

IIRC, the turn was Cena joining the team. Wasn't there something where he gave Voldemort the F-U, afterword, but they edited it out of the Smackdown airing?

Also, was the angle where Cena & the dark lord made Heyman eat soap before or after Survivor Series?

For some reason, I LOVE the 2003 Survivor Series, despite the fact that the only match that is technically good is Team Austin VS Team Bischoff once it comes down to HBK VS The World.

The '91 version did indeed suck ass. Only notable for 'Taker's first title win over Hogan.

Voldemort/Lesnar was on Smackdown, and featured the debut of the Brock Lock. Brock coming so close to losing was the reason Heyman through every roadblock he could in front of CB, including not giving him another shot then making him go in at #1 in the Rumble when he found a loophole via a qualifying tag match where (IIRC) Cena needed a partner.

I think the official turn was the end of the match, Benoit made (whoever) tap out, he and Cena were the winners and they shook hands even though they teased Cena hitting him.

They made out that there was no love between Cena and the rest of Team Angle (Benoit specifically didn't want him on their team) but Cena turned down being on Team Lesnar, got ambushed by A-Train who took his place, then he was pretty strongly face. It's crazy that he used to cut such misogynistic, homophobic promos and still became their top guy. 

Misogynistic homophobes LOVE pro wrestling, Go back and watch any ECW show.

EDIT: Cena's homophobic period was made even funnier because seemingly at least half his raps involved him threatening to rape whoever he was busting on.

• Like 1

Posted Image

I love the worried look on Elizabeth's face "Randy, your rowdy friends aren't going to be coming over after the match, are they?"

Gotta hand it to Honky Tonk Man, that Savage, Steamboat and Roberts could team up because they hate him so much.