DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

Didn't quite follow what he was saying about the sponsored rehab... they won't send him for being just all around messed up, or he wants a prescription maintenance plan or something?

I think he needs some surgeries or something done, too. I vaguely remember hearing something about his ankles being shot to hell. Guess he was trying to see if they'll spring for that, too.

Loved all of Marty's yearly return appearances in 06, 07 and 09. Always looked good, especially the Angle match.

I agree.  I wanted him to have a run in 05 so bad, especially after he had a better match with Angle than Shawn did.

From what I read Marty's ankles are both shot. He needs surgery on both but doesn't have the $$$.  And "allegedly" I guess he got busted during Wrestlecon  WM weekend trying to steal shirts from one vendor just to resell to make some cash

From what I read Marty's ankles are both shot. He needs surgery on both but doesn't have the $$$.  And "allegedly" I guess he got busted during Wrestlecon  WM weekend trying to steal shirts from one vendor just to resell to make some cash

Watch the video posted above.  Marty shows off his ankles at one point.  They look beyond awful.  How he can do anything in the ring at this point is quite remarkable.

Watch the video posted above.  Marty shows off his ankles at one point.  They look beyond awful.  How he can do anything in the ring at this point is quite remarkable.

Marty has the same problem Sherri Martel had. Is hooked on painkillers due to an injury he can't get afford surgery for. Even if he managed to complete rehab, he'd still have to deal with what must be horrendous pain. 

Marty, drunk as he is, makes a good point. WWE will shell out (literally) millions for Scot Hall's rehab trips, but won't pay to take care of his ankles, which are the main reason he has to take so many pills.

October 21, 2013 (Los Angeles, CA) – Today, David Marquez of Championship Wrestling from Hollywood announced that he and nine (9) established pro wrestling promotions have come together to form “United Wrestling Network”. The existing local companies that will make up “United” are; West Coast Wrestling Connection (Oregon), Ultra Championship Wresting (Utah), Future Stars of Wrestling (Nevada), Championship Wrestling from Arizona, Traditional Championship Wrestling (Arkansas), Metro Pro Wrestling (Kansas), River City Wrestling (Texas), New York Wrestling Connection (New York), Canadian Wrestling’s Elite (Manitoba, Canada) and New England Championship Wrestling (Massachusetts).

“This collection of Promoters is excited to build a new sanctioning body for pro wrestling. Our goal is to work within our local areas to create new talent, recognize a common “United” Champion and plus our broadcasts. Although the idea of a sanctioning body isn’t new, “United” is being executed with fresh eyes especially for the digital age. I know this is going to take time to launch and educate the public, but I’m positive the outcome will achieve our goals,” states Marquez.

The criteria for participating are simple. There is no “Membership”, “Franchise” or “Affiliate” fees. All sanctioned promotions must have a television broadcast or agree to terms to produce a broadcast to participate.

“UCW, CWFH, FSW, NECW, METRO and TCW all have existing broadcasts, so they will be included in the launch before the end of the year and the rest will launch in 2014 as we help them secure a television outlet in their area,” continued Marquez.

For more information on United Wrestling Network, please visit www.unitedwrestlingtv.com and follow us on Twitter @UnitedWNetwork. If you are an established promotion and are interested in becoming a participant in the sanction, please enquire at [email protected] .

I've seen Hollywood and TCW, but how are the other promotions?  Worth seeking out?

Canada's Wrestling Elite has a 30 minute weekly show they put up on their website. They have some good workers, and bring in a name once every six weeks or so.

Posted Image

It looks like Santa's Slay with Goldberg may finally have some competition for "most ridiculous Christmas movie starring a wrestler."

Pet peeve of movie posters: when the actors names do not match their position on the poster.
  • Like 7

Posted Image

It looks like Santa's Slay with Goldberg may finally have some competition for "most ridiculous Christmas movie starring a wrestler."

Pet peeve of movie posters: when the actors names do not match their position on the poster.
Totally and completely with you on this; I mean, that shit doesn't even make sense, in any fucking capacity!
  • Like 1

Forget Miz. Tell me more about Francia Raisa.

Well, other than her being photoshopped to death.........

And that's not me talking bad about her......one quick Google search proved to me that she's gorgeous.  But man, I hate movie posters that look that bad.....like when everyone has been shopped to look like mannequins.