DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

The only problem with that is the US is eleventy billion times bigger than Japan, so unless everyone has mobile command centers there's still going to be a lot of flights each week.

This was pretty much my thought:

It should be easy enough to do over the course of a week - fly into the first city on Friday (I think?), then bus to the next cities Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, then fly home

Can you think of any other major touring company that doesn't take responsibility for transporting their performers & crew? MLB?  NFL?  Ice Capades?  Barnum & Bailey? 

Question:  If John Cena violated the Wellness Policy, do you guys think the WWE would cover it up? 

It would make for a good angle if someone like Big E or Orton switch urine with Cena causing him to fail the wellness test and getting suspended for the first time, leading to a big feud cutting promo via satellite  on how he was  framed and how he has always been clean.

Tears for Fears "Break it Down Again" came on the CD player on the way home from teaching Intro Psych tonight; gonna now go satisfy this sudden urge to watch KOT 2011, remember the last year I gave a shit about wrestling.

Didn't even see the chikara talk when I posted my thing. Best Chikara wrestler candidate: Ophidian?

In terms of Chikara guys, if Claudio counts he is pretty clearly the best. Brodie Lee has gotten quite good as well. I'm a big fan of most of Hero's stuff, but it seems like there has been some backlash against him recently. I think of the guys trained at the wrestle factory, Kingston has had the best matches, but has been more inconsistent than a guy like Hallowicked.

If we include personalities, Sweeney is way up there.

In terms of Chikara guys, if Claudio counts he is pretty clearly the best. Brodie Lee has gotten quite good as well. I'm a big fan of most of Hero's stuff, but it seems like there has been some backlash against him recently. I think of the guys trained at the wrestle factory, Kingston has had the best matches, but has been more inconsistent than a guy like Hallowicked.If we include personalities, Sweeney is way up there.

Sweeney was a very good wrestler too both as a face and a heel. The man had it all to be a legend and is the 2000's great "What If?".

• Like 1

Posted Image

Picture from TNA's TV taping tonight. Yes, we are now at the point you can literally start counting the attendance.

I love goofing on TNA and their pure, unbridled ineptitude just as much as the next guy. But that's bad.. really fuckin bad. Just for comparison purposes, here's a highlight video from WCW Greed, a week before they got bought out:

You'd need a swimming pool to wring out Dixie's panties if TNA could draw like that at this point.

WWE has removed Christian from advertising for the weekend live events in Providence and Philadelphia. He was scheduled to challenge Alberto Del Rio for the World Hvt. Championship on both shows, but he has been replaced by The Great Khali in those matches. Christian has also been pulled from the upcoming tour of Mexico.

Can you even imagine?