DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

If Vince bought TNA, he could just run NXT in the same slot and people wouldn't even blink.

The quality of the shows would skyrocket too.

I wonder if it would be hurt by expanding to 2 hours.

I think it's tricky because it's on Viacom. Not sure about the no-compete thing, but I don't think WWE can just run programming on Spike with no problems. And Vince has a difficult relationship with Spike anyway. 

Most likely options, IMO:

1) Spike buy them (which seems likely, but while they like having impact, they aren't as keen on actually running an entire promotion)

2) Bischoff buys them

3) Vince buys them, shuts them down and keeps the video library.   

Truthfully, TNA isn't THAT bad a prospect:

-Two hours on prime time in a widely watched channel

-any wrestling there is guaranteed to get a 0.8 or 0.9 at least.

-tons of international presence 

Only problem is how tainted the name is. But you could change that no bother.

Question: If Curtis Axel is hurt and can't defend his title, why wasn't he forced to forfeit the title to Big E? The WWE title has been forfeited that way before.

Because that would not help Big E. get over as a face. It would probably set him back.

Juliette Danielle (of The Room fame) is apparently a big wrestling fan. She spends about 20 minutes here bitching and tearing the booking team apart about how much of a state the division is in.

As a huge of The Room and WWE, this is very surreal for me.

The Biggest Boot of All Big Boots™

Posted Image

I never understood the big deal about Michaels in this match, its a Hogan match, if he played it straight we are not talking about that match today, much like how the Orton-Hogan match is regarded. HBK, to me, made the Hogan-schnick work for a bit with his goofy selling. I'll defend him on this one.

• Like 2

Posted Image

I never understood the big deal about Michaels in this match, its a Hogan match, if he played it straight we are not talking about that match today, much like how the Orton-Hogan match is regarded. HBK, to me, made the Hogan-schnick work for a bit with his goofy selling. I'll defend him on this one.

The funny thing about that match is that the heat segment with Hogan down is actually pretty good, as Shawn was way better taking the heat segment than eating the offense (pretty much every match he had post-comeback that I liked had him working the heel role, more or less) and even old, broken down Hogan was still good at sympathetic babyface selling.  It only gets absurd and either stupid or hilarious (depending on POV) when Hogan makes the comeback.

I think WWE would probably offer a lowball amount to get the TNA video library (be good for a four-disc Kurt Angle set if nothing else) then close it down.

Or have another go at the invasion angle. Which could manage to be even more terrible than the first one.

Posted Image

The funny thing about that match is that the heat segment with Hogan down is actually pretty good, as Shawn was way better taking the heat segment than eating the offense (pretty much every match he had post-comeback that I liked had him working the heel role, more or less) and even old, broken down Hogan was still good at sympathetic babyface selling. It only gets absurd and either stupid or hilarious (depending on POV) when Hogan makes the comeback.

I'll have to rewatch now that you've said Shawn's heat section is good. Literally the only thing I remember from that match aside from the aforementioned big boot was Hogan in the Sharpshooter and Shawn very obviously walking him towards the ropes. At the time it completely killed the match for me. Took me right out of it.