7. Batista vs. HHH

6. Taker vs. Edge

5. Taker vs. Mankind

4. Armageddon six

3. Taker vs. HHH

2. Taker vs. HBK (should be #1)

1. Cactus Jack vs. HHH

Any discussion?

Its between Lesnar/Taker and Taker/HBK for the top two spots for me. HHH/Cactus would probably be 3 with Batista/HHH right behind it. I never liked any of the Edge/Taker matches. Taker/Mankind disappointed me tremendously years ago when I finally watched it, but that might have been due to far too high expectations. I found the six-man Armageddon match boring. HHH/HBK is the worst HIAC match I can remember. Never watched DX vs. Mcmahons/Show.

The match has lost its mystique ever since they made it an actual ppv. That said I do recall liking some of the matches from then on more than around half of what was listed. I particularly remember Henry vs. Orton being pretty good.

WWE put up a "top 10 Hell in a Cell matches" on their website. As follows:

10. DX vs. McMahons and Show

9. HBK vs. HHH (ummm, no)

8. Lesnar vs. Taker (way underrated)

7. Batista vs. HHH

6. Taker vs. Edge

5. Taker vs. Mankind

4. Armageddon six

3. Taker vs. HHH

2. Taker vs. HBK (should be #1)

1. Cactus Jack vs. HHH

Any discussion?

Its between Lesnar/Taker and Taker/HBK for the top two spots for me. HHH/Cactus would probably be 3 with Batista/HHH right behind it. I never liked any of the Edge/Taker matches. Taker/Mankind disappointed me tremendously years ago when I finally watched it, but that might have been due to far too high expectations. I found the six-man Armageddon match boring. HHH/HBK is the worst HIAC match I can remember. Never watched DX vs. Mcmahons/Show.

The match has lost its mystique ever since they made it an actual ppv. That said I do recall liking some of the matches from then on more than around half of what was listed. I particularly remember Henry vs. Orton being pretty good.

I agree with you about the Hell in a Cell and it's own PPV. Haven't watched them all since the first Hell in a Cell PPV in 2009, the one I liked was The Undertaker vs. Triple H at WrestleMania XXVIII. I also greatly prefer the old Hell in a Cell to the new one introduced in 2006.

Shawn Michaels is one of those guys where the people who hate him are just going to hate him.  They'll begrudgingly admit he's had great matches, but they'll point out his flaws while ignoring the same flaws in other guys.  The backstage attitude he had doesn't help, him being a born again probably hurts him quite a bit on a board like this, and of course most fans sided with Bret and look at Shawn as a scumbag for his part in the screw job.

The hate he gets here is overblown, but it's mostly just in response to the WWE's insisting that Shawn is the greatest ever (and many in the IWC swallowing that hook, line and sinker.)

• Like 2

You are correct about Ultimate X and the Rumble. At the risk of moving the goal posts, I would counter by saying that both of those things and MitB were conceived and constructed as special attractions and not a gimmick that was necessary to conclude a major feud.Also, Ultimate X shouldn't count, it's from TNA. You may as well have given an example from backwards land. :)

Darn and here I was about to write a detailed response on how awesome the first King of the Mountain and reverse battle royals were.

Of all the Ultimate X matches, which ones are worth re-watching really? Williams-Styles-Sabin and the LAX-XXX matches are the only two I really recall well. Styles-Shane-Kazarian and Williams-Sabin-Dutt (?) were eh.

Shawn and Benoit had a pretty good match on RAW, March 30, 2003. Decent match with HHH on the last RAW of 2003 also.

Shawn and Benoit actually had 3 pretty good TV matches

March 30, 2003

Feb. 16, 2004

April 3, 2004

Shawn/Edge Street Fight RAW: Feb. 28, 2005

Shawn/Edge Street Fight RAW: Jan. 22, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1yaUPxRhK4

So, if I were to watch the WWE Hell in a Cell PPV tonight, what should I realistically expect from this card?

This is what is listed on WWE.com:

Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan (WWE Championship Hell in a Cell Match)

Los Matadores vs. The Real Americans

World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio vs. John Cena

CM Punk vs. Ryback & Paul Heyman (Handicap Hell in a Cell Match)

WWE Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Goldust vs Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins vs The Usos

Divas Champion AJ Lee vs. Brie Bella

I am unreasonably expecting Bob Backlund to hide under the ring and interfere in the main event because he is pissed at not being chosen as the special referee, leading to a Backlund-Bryan match on a future Raw.

I also want to see Cesaro give a midget swing to El Torito with a release, sending him helicoptering out of the ring.

Got through with Jesse Sorensen's shoot interview. Highlights include Dixie telling Jesse's mom at the hospital she wouldn't have to worry about medical bills or money (she later went bankrupt due to the costs), Dixie telling Jesse's mom she saw Jesse as "their son" (Jesse claims she hasn't so much as given him a call since his release) and Kurt Angle showing up in a depressed Jesse's hospital room to deliver the mother of all motivational speeches (he walked for the first time later that afternoon.)

As far as stuff:1) I applaud Shawn Michaels for sabotaging a match against Hogan. I loathe a lot of the DX nonsense but that stuff is like Season 4 of The Wire compared to all of the awful, awful, awful Hogan stuff we had to endure in WCW -- Macho elbow dropping him awake, tossing The Giant off of the Cobo Arena, the Warryyoooorrr stuff, the constant 45 minutes of nWo stuff w/ Hogan and his dumb painted on beard and awful lightning trunks and The Disciple, etc. I mean, it was unprofessional, but I don't work there. What do I care? In terms of sublime entertainment, it was great.

2) Man, there are FOUR (!) matches tonight that could make a Top 20 list, and that's a crazy hard list to get onto. Randy/Bryan could enter MOTY discussion. Same with Cena/ADR since that formula is absolutely perfect for both dudes. Punk/Ryback and Heyman could get nuts. And that tag match -- hopefully it's just chaotic with those six dudes.

• Like 1

I think the PPV tonight has a lot of potential to be good. Most of the matches are repeats of good shit we've seen before. And heck, the divas match doesn't feel like it will be a waste of PPV time for once.

I'll be heading out to ye sports pub to watch after work.