DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

(And for the record, no, I don't think Triple H is where he is solely because of his marriage... but it certainly didn't hurt his career trajectory.)

Put it this way: If Test had actually married Stephanie, I doubt he'd be the (co-)heir to the empire. But Triple H probably wouldn't be, either.
  • Like 1

Triple H is a 13-time champion, but all anyone ever talks about when they bring that up is "The only reason you are a top star is because you are married to a McMahon". 

But how often do people say that Randy's position at the top is because of his father? Almost never, right? 

So why did he have to shoot on him? I can understand if they brought up Triple H "Giving him the title". But something like him only being a top star because of his dad has nothing at all to do with this storyline.

But no ones going to remember that comment. They're only going to remember the negative shoot comment.This is the same sort of crap that people like Skip Bayless, and Colin Cowherd pull on ESPN every day. "This guy is a choke artist. Don't get me wrong he is an all-time great, but he'll always be remembered as a choke artist."

He was in a stable called Legacy for god's sake I think he can bring it up.:| Edited by alan

I took it as Bryan saying that he created his own breaks and he didn't have generational ties to get him started in the business. 

I still don't have any idea what his dad did to get him a job has anything to do with this current storyline? 

How is that burying Orton?  Jesus...

He's saying that he isn't a hard worker. How is that a compliment? 

I took it as Bryan saying that he created his own breaks and he didn't have generational ties to get him started in the business.  How is that burying Orton?  Jesus...

Dude, if you're gonna bring reality into this discussion, then Gonzalez is actually a big Bryan fan just like the rest of us, and where's the fucking fun in that?

Triple H is a 13-time champion, but all anyone ever talks about when they bring that up is "The only reason you are a top star is because you are married to a McMahon". 

But how often do people say that Randy's position at the top is because of his father? Almost never, right? 

So why did he have to shoot on him? I can understand if they brought up Triple H "Giving him the title". But something like him only being a top star because of his dad has nothing at all to do with this storyline.

Daniel Bryan looks like a weenie if he doesn't mention such low-hanging fruit.  It'd be like Bryan feuding with John Cena and not referring to any of Cena's perceived in-ring short-comings.

I'd love a return to all traditional Survivor Series matches, complete with goofy team names. My card would be:

The Goat-Faced Killers (Daniel Bryan [c], The Big Show, Cody Rhodes, Goldust and Dolph Ziggler) Vs The Authority (Triple H [c], Randy Orton, The Shield)

The Punkers (CM Punk [c], Big E Langston, Rob van Dam, The Prime Time Players) Vs The Heyman Guys (Brock Lesnar [c], Ryback, Curtis Axel, Wade Barrett, Damien Sandow)

The Chain Gang (John Cena [c], R-Truth, Los Matadores) Vs The Essence of Excellence (Alberto Del Rio [c], Fandango, The Real Americans)

The Miz-Fits (The Miz [c], Kofi Kingston, The Usos) Vs The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt [c], Harper, Rowan, Kane)

Throw in maybe a comedy match or a divas tag and you've got a pretty good card.

Sounds good, although personally I believe Orton should always use The Vipers for whatever team he's on.

love

The Punkers (CM Punk [c], Big E Langston, Rob van Dam, The Prime Time Players) Vs The Heyman Guys (Brock Lesnar [c], Ryback, Curtis Axel, Wade Barrett, Damien Sandow)

What the heck happened to Sandow, anyway? Seemed like they turned him face against Del Rio, then he's completely disappeared, since.
I don't know, but I damn sure am grateful.