DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

If the most successful wrestler of all time is an admitted mark, I think it is okay to be a mark. I hope that with HHH in charge, the whole self-loathing professional wrestler thing can be toned down. 

• Like 2

This looks sad:

Sort yourself out Marty. Get to WWE rehab.

Blue Meanie posted this on his FB page. You would think normally someone in the business wouldn't draw attention to something that depressing but they probably gave him a free t-shirt so he's fine with it.

So since its pretty clear we are going to get a real Americans/matadores feud coming up pretty soon, I have decided I need to see two things on my TV: Cesaro seeing how far he can throw Torito, and the Matadores bringing in the black sheep of the family, Cassandro, who kisses Zeb during a six man tag.

• Like 3

Not sure if it's been mentioned but K-Dawg said that Punker and AJ (Lee, not Styles) are dating. This is, literally, the least surprising wrestling news in history.

One step closer to Punk on Total Divas.

Today was a good day.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but K-Dawg said that Punker and AJ (Lee, not Styles) are dating. This is, literally, the least surprising wrestling news in history.

This was made painfully obvious with the Anti-Divas promo a few weeks ago.

So that makes Triple H the biggest "mark" of them all?

HHH's old hair should have singled him out as the biggest mark of them all.  Watching the new DVD it is hilarious how far past its expiration date his hairstyle was.

October 21, 2013 (Los Angeles, CA) – Today, David Marquez of Championship Wrestling from Hollywood announced that he and nine (9) established pro wrestling promotions have come together to form “United Wrestling Network”. The existing local companies that will make up “United” are; West Coast Wrestling Connection (Oregon), Ultra Championship Wresting (Utah), Future Stars of Wrestling (Nevada), Championship Wrestling from Arizona, Traditional Championship Wrestling (Arkansas), Metro Pro Wrestling (Kansas), River City Wrestling (Texas), New York Wrestling Connection (New York), Canadian Wrestling’s Elite (Manitoba, Canada) and New England Championship Wrestling (Massachusetts).

“This collection of Promoters is excited to build a new sanctioning body for pro wrestling. Our goal is to work within our local areas to create new talent, recognize a common “United” Champion and plus our broadcasts. Although the idea of a sanctioning body isn’t new, “United” is being executed with fresh eyes especially for the digital age. I know this is going to take time to launch and educate the public, but I’m positive the outcome will achieve our goals,” states Marquez.

The criteria for participating are simple. There is no “Membership”, “Franchise” or “Affiliate” fees. All sanctioned promotions must have a television broadcast or agree to terms to produce a broadcast to participate.

“UCW, CWFH, FSW, NECW, METRO and TCW all have existing broadcasts, so they will be included in the launch before the end of the year and the rest will launch in 2014 as we help them secure a television outlet in their area,” continued Marquez.

For more information on United Wrestling Network, please visit www.unitedwrestlingtv.com and follow us on Twitter @UnitedWNetwork. If you are an established promotion and are interested in becoming a participant in the sanction, please enquire at [email protected] .

I've seen Hollywood and TCW, but how are the other promotions?  Worth seeking out?

Marty's shoot from 2005/2006 is one of my favorites.  I've always thought he was a great worker but just had some of the worst luck in the business, both in making bad personal decisions and being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Each time I've seen him in the ring in recent years he's looked good for a guy his age and mileage and I've always hoped WWE would pick him back up in a training/managerial type position which would hopefully motivate him to stay clean and in shape.  He did another shoot a few years ago where he's basically incoherent the whole time (he spends about 10 minutes in some meandering tangent about getting a haircut) and it just makes me wonder what happened to him recently.

Didn't quite follow what he was saying about the sponsored rehab... they won't send him for being just all around messed up, or he wants a prescription maintenance plan or something?

I think he needs some surgeries or something done, too. I vaguely remember hearing something about his ankles being shot to hell. Guess he was trying to see if they'll spring for that, too.

Loved all of Marty's yearly return appearances in 06, 07 and 09. Always looked good, especially the Angle match.

I agree.  I wanted him to have a run in 05 so bad, especially after he had a better match with Angle than Shawn did.